Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

do you like bugs?

technodoll
June 29th, 2006, 10:51 PM
beautiful macro photography but eeeeeeewwww creepy!! crawly!!

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=18269

Prin
June 29th, 2006, 10:54 PM
I am sooo not clicking that link.

technodoll
June 29th, 2006, 10:58 PM
LOL! it's beautiful though. exotic. here is an example:

http://pishmo.com/macro/zhuchki_15.jpg

Prin
June 29th, 2006, 11:13 PM
GAAAAAA!!! What the hell!?

technodoll
June 29th, 2006, 11:24 PM
ha ha! you looked! :p

the photography is actually very amazing, if you can get over the subject matter being creepy... :thumbs up

LibbyP
June 30th, 2006, 08:15 AM
WOW those pics are stunning, I am DEATHLY afraid of bugs, I could feel my heartbeat change and I got all nauseous feeling and my chest hurt, but.... I'm a brave one (I made my 4yr watch it with me) hee hee hee:rolleyes:

Puppyluv
June 30th, 2006, 08:47 AM
WOW! The slimy ones are pretty gross, but ignoring that, what neat photos. I'm not scared of bugs, but am of the oppinion that they do not belong in my home. Sometimes if I find them inside I freak, but not out of fear, but out of disgust. (When I see one bug, I start to imagine that there are millions living in my walls, and then I get creeped out)

technodoll
June 30th, 2006, 09:31 AM
we canadians are lucky, with our climate we're not prone to hosting many of these exotic yet creepy crawlies... now australia, for example, is a whole other story! my BF laughs at me when i see a spider in the house and scream, for me it is huge and for him it's tiny! :eek:

meggie1425
June 30th, 2006, 10:34 AM
I dont mind bugs; dont particularly like them, but what beautiful pictures!!! sounds stupid but it almost looks like they capture the "emotion" of the bugs!

jjgeonerd
June 30th, 2006, 11:37 AM
I'm no bug fan, but those are really cool. I like looking at all the detail that you normally miss (as your swinging a shoe at them :p ).

My favourite (I like frogs):

LM1313
June 30th, 2006, 12:08 PM
I love bugs! Especially spiders. :)

Prin
June 30th, 2006, 12:44 PM
ok, well that froggy pic made me go look (I love the froggies too). Pretty cool pics. I'm so glad there weren't any spiders on there...:)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 30th, 2006, 01:53 PM
It is earwig season here ewww!!

someone told me that they go inside your ears then eat your brains - ewww -hopefully that is not true...used to keep me up at night plugging my ears so they would go in and be eating my alive ewww ewww ewwww :yuck: :eek:

...anyways they stick on everything in large numbers and a few came in on a towel and made in onto my bed - yuck so I changed the sheets and shook everything out - man I ate those things - with their pinchers and everything yuck.

Anyways no I am not really a bug person too much. Buttterflies are pretty though. :D

Jackie467
June 30th, 2006, 02:33 PM
I'm not much of a bug person but i liked the photos. Except I hate worms, larva, and caterpillers. I actully have a phobia of them. as soon as I saw the Caterpiller I had to leave the site, I almost got sick.

man I ate those things - with their pinchers and everything yuck.

I'm surprised for as much as you dislike them you eat them.:eek: sorry just had to do it. :p

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 30th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Jackie467 =

man I ate those things - with their pinchers and everything yuck.

I'm surprised for as much as you dislike them you eat them. sorry just had to do it.
just practicing for fear factor - you never know

CyberKitten
July 2nd, 2006, 03:09 PM
I have never feared bugs or snakes. In fact, there is one fellow - a brown snake who suns himself on my front step sometimes.(well when we have sun, it is raining today!) - who seems to appear every summer. I call him Snavily.

Only once when I had to catch an intrepid grasshopper was I frustrated with a bug. He was quite illusive, lol (But I finally caught him in a friend's home (the noise was driving her to distraction) and then set him free. I had to give him credit for being so determined, lol

chico2
July 2nd, 2006, 03:45 PM
I don't mind bugs,except cockroaches and the house-centepeed,luckily no roaches in the house,but the centepeed gives me hives and hysterics.:D
Spiders and any other bugs are safe from me,I keep thinking they have family and kids:D and leave them alone:D
Earwigs we have plenty of,not too fond of them,but heck,they too deserve to live!!
Rocky ate a Bumble-bee yesterday,he'll never eat one again:D

Prin
July 2nd, 2006, 05:23 PM
just practicing for fear factor - you never knowlol you know that expression: if you can't beat 'em, eat 'em! :D

CyberKitten
July 2nd, 2006, 05:53 PM
ewwwwwwwwwww!!! I won't be eating them - I have never watched Fear Factor tho I have to admit to watching Survivor, lol I am not fond of cockroaches either come to think of it. Or silverfish but I doubt I'd kill them. I am sworn to save lives no matter how tiny. That said noseums seem to eat me alive and I have swatted a few, sigh!

Stacer
July 3rd, 2006, 08:01 AM
They all look like they're posing, like they knew their picture was being taken. I used to be more afraid of bugs, but since I work outdoors all day I've kinda gotten used to most bugs. I still hate moths and cicadas, and I prefer not to have those big fuzzy centipedes in my apartment. I too hate most larva and wormy things, the fuzzier they are though, the less I hate them.