Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My GD puppy just stole my brownies!!! (rant

Esaunders
June 29th, 2006, 09:47 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:
My stupid puppy broke into my giant container of One Bite Brownies from costco and wolfed down about a pound of them when we weren't looking. :eek:

One trip to the emergency clinic later for vomit induction and $200+ later I have a very tired unhappy looking puppy at home. :rolleyes:

And dammit, that was my 3am packing to move snack that he ate....:sad:

Frenchy
June 29th, 2006, 09:51 PM
I could take him if you'd like :D

Esaunders
June 29th, 2006, 09:59 PM
;)
Good try Frenchy

Did I really need this in the last 20 hours before I have to move though? Oh well, at least this is covered by his insurance.... So I can get some of the money back, and we jumped on it immediately so he was at the vet within 15 min of it happening so no chance of toxicity damage.

*grumble* Still not happy ... stole my brownies .... was looking forward to those ... *grumble*

I think I'll keep him though. He IS pretty cute. Complaining aside, I'm glad he'll be ok, that's alot of chocolate for a puppy

Writing4Fun
June 29th, 2006, 10:03 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:
My stupid puppy broke into my giant container of One Bite Brownies from costco... Sounds like a very smart puppy to me! :D Seriously, though, I'm glad he's going to be ok. :pawprint:

Skryker
June 29th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Oh, boy! That is a lot of chocolate for a puppy. Glad he'll be OK, and hope he manages to associate the induction with chocolate-that should keep him out of it in future.

Mine only managed half a package of pasta while I was packing to move. Much less annoying, and I certainly wasn't saving the pasta for a late night snack!;)

SunGurl372
June 29th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Wow...messing with momma's chocolate...hope he'll understand how lucky he is to have survived on MULTIPLE levels!!! :crazy:

technodoll
June 29th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Wow...messing with momma's chocolate...hope he'll understand how lucky he is to have survived on MULTIPLE levels!!!

i was going to say that! LOL LOL

i know how you feel... it's like dreaming of that last piece of cheesecake in the fridge all day, you get home from work mouth watering and ready to dig in, and find out the BF ate it for lunch! :evil: oh, the disappointment! can you substitute the packing snack with something else? man... i really feel for you! :p

Prin
June 29th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Wow, I can't believe you got his stomach pumped. You're such a good mommy.:highfive:

btw, what breed does GD stand for? :p

Fused0ne
June 30th, 2006, 12:13 AM
I want brownies now... grrr.

Does someone know why is it that choclate is so bad for dogs? I never knew this until a episode last season of Gilmore Girls when Loreli's dog ate alot of choclate and Luke ran like a mad man to get the dog to the town's vet.

I was surprised by it because it had been the first I had known of chocolate being bad for dogs.

Though back on topic sorry, I am glad to hear your puppy is going to be ok. I dont know what I would do if my puppy ate chocolate, I know I couldnt afford a 200 dollar bill.

Prin
June 30th, 2006, 12:21 AM
There is a chemical in chocolate that is very, very toxic to dogs. Even a small amount can kill a dog.

Esaunders
June 30th, 2006, 12:25 AM
I believe that it is something in the cocoa mass that is toxic and can seriously affect the liver function. The greater the cocoa mass (the darker the chocolate) the worse it is.

It is even more toxic for cats.

$200 bill covered by Saint Visa and Saint Vetinsurance. I can't really afford it either since I'm moving tomorrow but I can claim the majority of it back. That's why I have the coverage, in case this kind of thing happens.

phoenix
June 30th, 2006, 08:03 AM
btw, what breed does GD stand for? :p

Oh I have one of those breeds... don't you?

kaytris
June 30th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Theobromine, which is present in varying degrees depending on type of chocolate (milk has the least, dark/bakers chocolate the most) - can send heart rate and blood pressure soaring. Not all dogs are affected, though.

Incidentally, there are safe home remedies to induce vomitting if you catch the dog in the act. Wait too long, though, and you'll need vet help.

chico2
June 30th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Bailey(Cocker)ate 2 lbs of Valentine chocolate hearts:evil:
Also got her stomache pumped,she was really ill,it came out from both ends:sad: But was fine after..