Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Place in Winnipeg that sells Purina Veterinary Diets brand

SupersonicMax
June 29th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Hi everyone! I'm looking for a place in Winnipeg or close to Winnipeg that sells Purina Veterinary Diets - Gastroenteric for our little dobbie. Does anyone from Winnipeg knows any place that sells it by any chance? I called every vet in the Directory and it's all negative.

If not, anybody has a good alternative to this food?

Thanks,

Max

Prin
June 29th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Why does your dog need gastro food? Is it allergies? An intolerance?

SupersonicMax
June 29th, 2006, 09:08 PM
She had an allergy to cat food recently (she digged in the neighbour's cat bowl a week ago while we were having a chat with them...) and got a little bit sick (severe diarrhea, vomiting, allergy bumps on her back). Putting her on that food seems to be the solution for her recovery. We bought that food back in Montreal so we had a bit left. She had a similar episode but MUCH worse and the vet gave us that food after she had her break from the hospital. Now, we would like to keep her on that diet for a while to clean up her digestive system. We can't seem to find this over here though... So if you have any suggestion of soft food that would do the trick, let me know!

Thanks,

Max

Prin
June 29th, 2006, 10:24 PM
hmm... I don't know what to suggest because I don't know what foods you've been on... To get to the bottom of an allergy, you have to try foods that have no common ingredients with foods you have already tried...

Like for my dogs, Jemma is allergic to wheat and corn (the usual suspects) and Boo is intolerant to chicken, so we ended up on Solid Gold Wolf King.. You can see the ingredients here: http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/products/showproduct.php?id=62&code=170
If you want a holistic food like WK, let me know and I can name a few...:o