Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My aunt found a stray kitty

Kelly_ann1980
June 29th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Wed, June 28/06 my aunt found a brn tabby kitty, very skinny and hasn't been fed to well. Might only be a kitten and probably is a female. She found her/him at her jobsite where she was working that day. When my aunt came back to the car, there was a young kitty waiting beside her car. She ask the guy who this cat belong to. He said a man drop them off here. The man took one and he came back to get another. But my aunt said this kitty is too skinny so she said she will take her/him home. Isn't fix either and would be alot to get it done. Going to keep the cat for awhile until she/he puts more weight on. Her friend want another cat so my aunt will probably ask her she will take the kitten. Hopefully Frankie comes back and just prey that he does

badger
June 29th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Your aunt is very kind to take this little girl in. She should be seen by a vet right away, vaccinated and checked for parasites.
And even if she's only a few months old, she could easily get pregnant, so please keep her inside and away from any un-neutered males!
Fingers crossed for Frankie.

Kelly_ann1980
June 30th, 2006, 01:09 AM
Should my aunt keep the kitty? Any advice?

badger
June 30th, 2006, 02:42 AM
How can we know your aunt's situation? If she is prepared to care for it and give it a good life, why not? Maybe fate brought them together. Either way, please don't put the cat back outside, there are so many and not enough food to go around. Females don't survive long in the wild; they are pregnant ALL the time and just get worn out trying to care for multiple kittens, end up starving, or killed by dogs or cars.
Let us know what happens.

Kelly_ann1980
June 30th, 2006, 10:50 AM
She won't put the kitten outside. My aunt probably will give the kitten to her friend.