Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pathetic pups!

Skryker
June 29th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Awwww. My babies just came back from getting speutered, and they look *SO* pathetic and woebegone! They also look pretty silly with the cones on, though. They keep getting stuck on the walls and furniture!

They're also still kinda groggy and dopey, although you wouldn't have known it when we picked them up. It's gonna be hard to keep them still 'til they heal. They just about dragged us out of the vet's office though. :D It was like "Come on, let's go-do you have any idea what these maniacs did to us?"

Skryker
June 29th, 2006, 04:25 PM
And close ups of the cone-heads.

Bronwyn:

Skryker
June 29th, 2006, 04:26 PM
And Fingal-isn't he the picture of poor suffering doggie? What a ham!

chico2
June 29th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Awww poor pups,they really do look pathetic:sad:
I hope they don't have to keep those lamp-shades on for too long:fingerscr

Skryker
June 29th, 2006, 04:29 PM
The vet-tech told us 7-10 days!!!!:eek: They also had their rear dewclaws removed (since they were really floppy and stuck out so far) so the cones are mostly to keep them from chewing their feet. Ha! Bronny has already been able to get in a few licks on her feet since she can crunch up into a tiny ball and reach despite the cone.

jesse's mommy
June 29th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Poor babies. I bet they are going to talk you into giving them some extra special cookies!

Prin
June 29th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Awww.. Poor doggies! And your owner laughs at you! :eek: And shows your pic in these tough times to the whole world!! :eek: :eek:

If only they could associate the cone with biting their battle wounds...:D

jiorji
June 29th, 2006, 08:49 PM
horrible!! these pictures are breaking my heart! how can you LAUGH??

some people.....lol:evil:

cuteys!:love:

Frenchy
June 29th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Ha ha,your laughing now,wait till we get better :evil:

Skryker
June 29th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Don't worry all, they get their revenge for us laughing by raking our shins with the edges of the cones-or bashing us in, um, "uncomfortable" locations with the cones. :evil:

And they've had extra fishy cookies (Northern Biscuits Lamb and Lake Trout), and shared the plate leavings from lunch and supper...

And I sat on the floor holding chew toys so they could actually chew on them, since they were getting frustrated because they can't hold the toys with their paws right now to chew away. If sitting on the floor with dog drool running down your arms so your doggies can have a satisfying chew session isn't true love,I don't know what is! :thumbs up

(I've also been having major guilt over their poor feet! I knew the logic of having those floppy dewclaws removed, but seeing the wounds is killing me. :sad: I feel like the worst dog mom in the world. It's even written as "amputation" on the bill, instead of removal. I'd feel worse if I had to take one of them for emergency care because they ripped a dewclaw, but still...cold logic has nothing on guilt.)

Prin
June 29th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Boo had his done too in the winter when we first got him. He ended up ripping a stitch in the snow, so you can imagine if a big thumbie was there instead... :eek:

Copper'sMom
July 3rd, 2006, 09:52 PM
And I sat on the floor holding chew toys so they could actually chew on them, since they were getting frustrated because they can't hold the toys with their paws right now to chew away. If sitting on the floor with dog drool running down your arms so your doggies can have a satisfying chew session isn't true love,I don't know what is! :thumbs up
Awwwwwwwww that is so cute! Those would have been cute pictures!!!! I would have done the same thing!

I've also been having major guilt over their poor feet! I knew the logic of having those floppy dewclaws removed, but seeing the wounds is killing me. :sad: I feel like the worst dog mom in the world. It's even written as "amputation" on the bill, instead of removal. I'd feel worse if I had to take one of them for emergency care because they ripped a dewclaw, but still...cold logic has nothing on guilt.)

I'm sure you did the right thing by having the dewclaws removed now.:grouphug: It's better you had it done now while they are young, than to have them injure it later in life where it causes trauma and fear for them!

BTW...........how are they doing??

Skryker
July 3rd, 2006, 10:41 PM
They are doing very well, which means they're driving us crazy! LOL-they seem to have no idea they have any owies, so it's hard to stop them from wrestling and jumping around.

I took the cones off today because they were occasionally getting at their feet anyways. Boy were they happy pups! They don't care about the belly incisions at all. We still have to stop them from licking their feet sometimes but they don't try to chew at them anyways.

Had minor stomach upsets which I figured was mainly from the anasthetic but it turns out they were sneaking pieces of spider plant from the bathroom when they could. :( That certainly explains that! So, after a day's fast and chicken and rice for dinner, all seems very well. Fingal spent about a half hour grooming everything he hasn't been able to reach-his feet, chest and belly except where there are stitches and seemed to feel better afterwards. Bronny is happy to be able to lay her head on my knee with no cone in the way. :fingerscr that they don't get into mischief without the cones on!

Prin
July 3rd, 2006, 11:08 PM
I can't even imagine what that must feel like- to have an e collar taken off after 5 days... Freedom! lol (I think in dog language that means "Get up to no good.." :D)

Skryker
July 3rd, 2006, 11:30 PM
LOL-no kidding, Prin! I just found the remains of my 2-dog leash. I thought the dogs were sleeping peacefully until I heard the faint tinkle of a collar...my sneaky boy decided to chew up a leash. There are dog toys aplenty for him to chew on.....:evil: