Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Chronic diahrrea

CaityCat
June 29th, 2006, 04:17 PM
MK has been having diahrrea for the past two days, and unlike before, this time its a golden yellow in color (not the normal brown/tan). The vet says he seems healthy and can't find anything wrong with him. He's just so little that the dangers of dehydration are even greater (he's just 4 weeks old---I've had him for a week now). He won't touch his food, so I've had to force feed him. He drank a little KMR on his own earlier today, but hasn't shown any outward signs of illness; he's his normal spunky litttle self. He's almost done with his meds (he is on Clavamox twice a day for an upper respiratory infection and then Albon for cocydia parasite once a day). It cant be the meds, or if it is shouldnt it have been doing this to him earlier (like when i first got him?)
Please help!! Im on the phone with the vet right now:sad:

chico2
June 29th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Caity-Cat,I wish I could help,but have no experience with such a young vulnerable cat.
Obviously runny stools will dehydrate him,very dangerous with a kitten so young.
Maybe someone else can tell you about the meds he's on,I have no idea:sad:
Just wanted to wish you luck with this little baby and am keeping my:fingerscr

CaityCat
June 29th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Chico2,
Thanks for your well-wishes. Encouragement is always nice to get, especially since I'm new to this mommy stuff. :pawprint: I probably should have posted that in the health area of the board, but I was geeking out a little, because the vet office was closing for the day and I was scared about what could happen during the night. Well, as an update, they had me bring him in right after I got off the phone with them---- he is gaining weight rapidly (which is good, since he was malnurished) and full of spit and vinegar. They did a fecal test to see if he had colitis. He does. Its dangerous for him, but he's on another med (my poor little boy) starting tomorrow, since the place that makes that specific med is closed for the night. He's on metronidazole twice a day starting tomorrow morning.

So, I'm thinking things will start looking up for him! *knock on wood* :party: