Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

pregnant bunny

bunny_girl
June 29th, 2006, 01:34 PM
I Was Wondering If You Could Give Me Some Info

I Have A 6 Month Old Seal Mini Rex Female Who Unfortunatly Has Gotten Out Of Her Out Door Pen A Week Ago And Fear That She May Have Mated With A Neighbours Holland Cross Because This Rabbit Is Free Range And Just Goes Where He Wants

I Was Wonderin How Her Babies Would Turn Out She Is Seal And He Is A Broken Black

But Am Also Worried For The Mothers Health As She Is So Young And The Father Is A Larger Rabbit

What Should I Do For Her To Keep Her Happy And Comfortable She Is Housed With Another Female Himalayan

Prin
June 29th, 2006, 06:59 PM
I think a vet would answer best...:)

erykah1310
June 29th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Definately take her into the vet, rabbits are pregnate for something like 4 weeks, then they give birth to itty bitty little piggie kinda things in their nest.
I wouldnt really be too concerned about coloring, I would be more concerned with their health. I would make sure she is comfortable for the next few weeks with LOTS of hay or something to make an adequate nest with. And DONT disturb the nest! Momma rabbits dont take to that well and WILL abandon the babies if touched.
Make sure she is in a draft free place and its nice and warm for her.
But definately take her into the Vet for a check up.

bunny_girl
July 5th, 2006, 06:53 AM
the vet said everything is fine and she will do great giving birth and was told she isnt to young seeing as most breeders breed them when they are only 6 months old she is now 7 months and te babies are due in 2 weeks as worried as i am i cant wait to see the tiny little bundles of joy

lewisw
July 5th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Please post a picture once the babies are born.
Congrats on the new additions.

bunny_girl
July 28th, 2006, 09:57 AM
well just thought i would update even though its a sad endind
pumpernickle gave birth on monday to 1 little baby i went back a hour later to check on them and pumpernickle had squished it it looked as though she sat on it so no pics sorry

Mahealani770
July 28th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Awww....I'm so sorry that you lost your baby bunny. That is very sad.
Run to the bridge baby!!!:rip: