Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found: Stroud, ON

Writing4Fun
June 29th, 2006, 09:10 AM
I found a mini-poodle this AM. My neighbours tell me he's been wandering the hood for at least 2 days but they were unable to catch him. That means he was outside in yesterday's massive rain/hail storm! :( He's safe and sound in my house now. If anyone knows of a missing poodle in our area, please PM me. You'll have to provide a description.

Writing4Fun
June 29th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Well, my little visitor is home safe and sound. That is, until the next time he escapes from his yard. :rolleyes: No, I didn't receive a phone call from the dozens of vets/OSPCAs/animal control officers I had left my information with. Instead, I noticed an elderly genlteman walking down our block looking in all the ditches and yards. He said it's his daughter's dog. "She really needs to do something about that hole in the fence. He keeps getting out. She said he'd come back, but he's been gone too long this time so I came looking for him." I suggested he at least get the dog microchipped for $40, since that was the first thing I did when I found him - had him checked for a chip. Gee, let's see. Your intact miniature poodle is missing for at least 2 days in a neighbourhood where coyotes can be heard calling and yipping most nights, so you send your elderly dad out to look for him, instead of calling around to see if anyone's found him. Nice. :mad: I'll tell ya, when I first saw that man coming and knew he was looking for this dog, I had to battle with conscience to stop from running back inside and hiding the dog. :p

KarineB
June 29th, 2006, 11:41 AM
I too would have thought about hiding the dog. But then I would have felt way to guilty, unless I knew that there would be know kids missing him or a senior or someone of the sort. Too heartbreaking.

To bad you could not have gotten him neutered then sent him home :evil:

Prin
June 29th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Are you sure it wasn't a pom? We have the exact same family with an unneutered pom here in our neighborhood.:rolleyes:

Writing4Fun
June 29th, 2006, 01:18 PM
LOL @ Prin. Well, if he was a pom, that would be the curliest pom I've ever seen, and with the most stamina I've ever heard of! :p

Karine, that's exactly why I didn't hide him. I would have been guilt stricken, especially after seeing the old man. Once I found out it was his daughter's dog, I wasn't feeling so guilty. Oh, and I sooooo wanted to have him neutered right then and there! I almost gave in while I was at the vet's having him checked for a chip. But my finances wouldn't allow that kind of split-second decision. I wanted to make sure he really was homeless before taking him under my care, financially as well as emotionally. :(

You want to hear something even better? About fifteen minutes later, I see the old man and a younger woman walking up the street. I presume that's his daughter and she wants to see who found her dog. I figured I'd at least get a 'thanks for potentially saving my dog from getting hit by a car'. Nope, they nodded politely and continued on their walk. They didn't even have the dog with them!

Well, at least they gave me something to blog about today. :rolleyes:

PS: Anyone out there who wants a poodle because they think they don't shed - WRONG! OK, so he wasn't dropping it in clumps the way Phoebe does, but he certainly left little strands on my pants! :pawprint: