Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

"The Corgi Menace"

LM1313
June 27th, 2006, 10:43 PM
WOW, in case anyone needed an example of why BSL is BS . . .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=%2Fnews%2F2003%2F09%2F15%2Fwdog15.x ml&sSheet=%2Fnews%2F2003%2F09%2F15%2Fixworld.html

joeysmama
June 27th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Corgis ??? St. Bernards?? This is incredible. About the only danger I can imagine from a St. Bernard is that someone might slip on some drool.
Sheesh !

Prin
June 27th, 2006, 11:32 PM
OMG newfs are on that list too!? It's like they just drew breeds out of a hat.
Corgis are menaces. I've never met one, but I'm sure they are. :rolleyes: (sarcasm)

dtbmnec
June 27th, 2006, 11:55 PM
O.o

Well its official....the world is coming to an end....

And didn't you know that St. Bernard's are dangerous? I mean look at Beethoven (the movie/tv show) and look at everything he got into! Oh and they could possibly sit on people....:p

I don't know those Corgis in that picture look pretty menacing....:p

Ok yeah that last part was sarcasm....:D

Megan

LavenderRott
June 27th, 2006, 11:59 PM
The Italy BSL went into effect in 2003.

I believe that it was last summer that a pair of St. Bernards were euthanized after being caught killing cattle in Michigan.

The Italy BSL is a grim reminder that it is not the BREED of dog that is the problem. ALL dogs are capable of biting and killing. Better to have legislation in place that addresses DANGEROUS DOGS as opposed to DANGEROUS BREEDS.

Prin
June 28th, 2006, 12:02 AM
I think it also is a wake up call to the rest of us about BSL. Right now it's the pitbulls, but what is next?

LavenderRott
June 28th, 2006, 12:11 AM
I think it also is a wake up call to the rest of us about BSL. Right now it's the pitbulls, but what is next?

Dollars to donuts - rottweilers.

babyrocky1
June 28th, 2006, 05:23 PM
I have a feeling that if our legal challlenge is unsuccessful, the next breed ban will contain a group of dogs, whoes included is anyones guess, I know the mastiff folks are nervouse as are you Rottie owners, but as the op suggests, it wont stop there. We are ALL in this tegether!

joeysmama
June 28th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Clearly the corgi's in that picture are forming a gang. ANARCHY !!!

erykah1310
June 30th, 2006, 11:09 PM
YODA DOGS!!!! I love them!!!!!!!
But yes they do look soooooooo menacing in that photo!!!! ( extreme sarcasm)
As if Corgis????
I agree the world must be coming to an end!
Sheesh!

dtbmnec
June 30th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Everyone wear ankle braces to save your ankles from the psychotic Corgis!

Nooooo! Not the ankles!

Hehehe :D :p

Megan

LM1313
July 2nd, 2006, 05:49 PM
Another weird thing about that law . . . children and minors can't own any of the breeds listed on it. But, judging from the article, it's perfectly okay for the PARENTS of children to own the breeds. Isn't that what it sounds like?

The whole thing is bizarre. Yes, look at those vicious corgis. I heard corgis have special jaws that can instantly snap your ankle in two!!!!!111

BullLover
July 2nd, 2006, 10:57 PM
I have a spreadsheet at work (hopefully I haven't deleted it) with a semi accurate version of the breeds banned in Italy.

I'll post it on Tuesday when I go back to work.