Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Do you snore?

Mahealani770
June 27th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Anybody have any ideas on how to help someone stop snoring?
...and Breathright strips don't help!! lol

lewisw
June 27th, 2006, 03:49 PM
If you find a solution PLEASE let me know !!!
My wife is going crazy. I bought her earplugs but she says I snore so why should she have to wear them :)

Sometimes I just go down to the basement where it is nice and COLD and sleep in peace !!! Casue what she does to get me to stop is pull out my pillow from under me and it drives me insane even though I am sleeping.

And you are RIGHT !!!! Breathe right does NOT work as I tried it.

Lewis

Frenchy
June 27th, 2006, 08:21 PM
My ex bf snored.I used to push him so he would sleep on his back,it did help.Or I would get to bed before him,if I was already sleeping when it started,the snoring didn't wake me up.

technodoll
June 27th, 2006, 08:23 PM
my bf uses a cortisone nasal spray (smells like flowers!) and it helps him a LOT. also sleeping on his side... he snores on his back. but everyone's story is different so... dunno if that helps? :cool:

lewisw
June 27th, 2006, 08:26 PM
My ex bf snored.I used to push him so he would sleep on his back,it did help.Or I would get to bed before him,if I was already sleeping when it started,the snoring didn't wake me up.

you in cohoots with my wife :)

wdawson
June 27th, 2006, 09:48 PM
i snore pretty loud but not as loud as beathoven.......so i moved his bed into our room , he drowns me out and gets the blame , problem solved:D

pamha
June 27th, 2006, 11:09 PM
I snore if I don`t take my Mucinex before bedtime. My sinuses get gunky quickly if I don`t take something to thin out the mucus. I`ve tried it on my mom & DH and it decreased their snoring too; if only I could get him to take it every night! Dunno if you have the brand Mucinex in Canada or if you can get just plain guafenisen- its an ingrediant in most OTC cough medicine but you should be able to get it alone. Ask a pharamcist. I don`t think there are any common side-effects (I`ve taken it for years) and it really can help.

Prin
June 27th, 2006, 11:42 PM
I don't snore, but my man does. I just keep rolling him over until his lungs are in a position to breathe silently.:thumbs up

Luvmypit
June 28th, 2006, 02:18 PM
I just put the pillow over his head until he stops breathing. works every time ;)

lewisw
June 28th, 2006, 02:20 PM
I just put the pillow over his head until he stops breathing. works every time ;)
shhhhhhhh plz don't give my wife your trick :)

jesse's mommy
June 28th, 2006, 02:21 PM
I wake him up and tell him to stop breathing funny. :D

Prin
June 28th, 2006, 05:29 PM
I wake him up and tell him to stop breathing funny. :D
lol Or sometimes I say, "Go take your asthma pump before you kill yourself"...:D