Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The most beautiful Doberman - Gretchen

SupersonicMax
June 26th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Here are some pictures of our loved Doberman, Gretchen. Gretchen is close to 6 months old. If you wonder, no we won't crop her ears!

Enjoy!

Gretchen taking it easy on her mom's laps
http://www.mts.net/~elymax/Gretchen1.jpg

Gretchen sleeping on HER couch!
http://www.mts.net/~elymax/Gretchen2.jpg

Ears in the wind!
http://www.mts.net/~elymax/Gretchen3.jpg

A bath of sun
http://www.mts.net/~elymax/Gretchen4.jpg

jesse's mommy
June 26th, 2006, 04:40 PM
That third picture is priceless!

jessi76
June 26th, 2006, 04:42 PM
I LOVE the natural ears... especially when they're sticking straight up in the air! LOL! great pictures! the 2nd to last picture (the ears!) put's my own basenji's ears to shame... hee hee hee... that is one of the BEST pics!

jawert1
June 26th, 2006, 04:44 PM
LOVE the pics, especially the Gone With The Wind ears. Such a pretty girl!

chico2
June 26th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Awww,she is wonderful,I am glad she gets to keep those "Dumbo"ears,adorable:thumbs up

Frenchy
June 26th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Adorable! Love the ears in the wind picture,you can see the shadow,mostly of her ears!

Melei'sMom
June 26th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Too cute. And the ear pic is so funny. :D

cpietra16
June 26th, 2006, 08:33 PM
OMG...the ears are priceless:D

Prin
June 26th, 2006, 10:36 PM
I love her! She is so beautiful. I can't wait to see what she looks like all filled out.:)

technodoll
June 26th, 2006, 11:18 PM
LOL! those ears are insaaane! she's a cutie-pie :D which breeder did you get her from? i used to have two dobies, myself... gosh i miss them. i must admit i don't really like the look of uncropped dobes, but i can understand it's the humane thing to do. You can see my boy Moka here (photo taken circa 1994): http://fabertdobes.com/candids.html just scroll down towards the bottom. he had the most perfect ears! :o

SupersonicMax
June 27th, 2006, 12:07 AM
A friend of mine had two Dobermans. One was registered (the male) and one unregistered (the female). For some reasons, she is agains't spaying/neutering (don't ask why...) and even with the efforts she made (it worked for 6 years!!!), they had pups together. So we took Gretchen. Elisabeth and I wanted a Doberman for a while and felt it was the right time. We were actually looking at a breeder in Mirabel, but then this "incident" occured. So we decided to take care of Gretchen. We do not regret this decision one second. Fortunatly, she made sure all the pups were in good hands. They are all with people she knows and people that love dogs.

I really love our dobbie, she is so sweet and as people warned me, she is a VELCRO dog! Gosh we love that! She always have to touch us in some way when we're around. I don't think we could have had a better dog for us.

We had to work our schedules HARD (even though our schedules are pretty flexible, it still was hassle to make it fit!) in order to make it work with the puppy, sacrificing sleep and lots of other things but that's all worth it now!!

Max

technodoll
June 27th, 2006, 12:16 AM
dobes aka Velcro dogs... they're the best, aren't they? :) You know, that's exactly how i got my little girl a few months ago... a friend insisted on getting his female akita bred, despite everything i told him against this... i was sooo mad when he paid some stupid woman for a breeding (TWICE because the first time didn't take) :mad: anyways... 6 puppies, all went to good homes except Maika, whose owner lost his job 1 month after he got the pup, he returned her, and she somehow ended up here... no papers, nothing. We call her our little Street Rat, yet she's the most beautiful, loving sweeet thang ever. our boy is from a great breeder and it's quite interesting to note the differences and the similarities between the two...
hope to see more photos of gretchen and hear stories, oh boy do i ever have dobie stories to share, LOL!

jiorji
June 27th, 2006, 12:22 AM
LOL i love the ears! so cute.

I love doberman puppies they're so hyper and gosh...all that slobbering when they share the love :love:

Prin
June 27th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Ya, I miss my dobie. He was a huge red that was a champion in his past life before he got left behind when his breeder moved. He was my best friend growing up.:love:

technodoll
June 27th, 2006, 12:26 AM
prin i didn't know you grew up with a dobie! yayyy! :highfive:

Prin
June 27th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Yep. I had one right after I was born, a black from the SPCA, who died of liver cancer at 7 just before my 7th birthday and then we got the red guy on my 8th birthday. He died of Wobbler's when he was 13 (on Christmas morning, no less). After him, I couldn't get another. It wouldn't have been fair to the next dobie because I'd just compare them to him all the time. I still do, when I meet a dobie on the street. In between, we had other dogs too. I always had two doggies at a time (first a newf with the black dobie and then a yellow lab with the red).

sways_bodyguard
June 28th, 2006, 04:03 PM
lol, that picture with her ears standing straight up is CLASSIC!
she is a very beautiful girl.

catsnatcher-CDN
July 1st, 2006, 04:53 AM
Dobies are my favorite breed too. My Max is part Doberman and part bluetick coonhound. But I tell everyone he's a Dobie and leave out the coonhound part. Not that there's anything wrong with coonhounds.... :love:

Gretchen is beautiful!

mastifflover
July 1st, 2006, 07:31 AM
What a cutie and I love the ear pic and her snuggled up on the couch. I also own a velcro dog aren't they the best? My last Mastiff used to sleep with one of my tshirts when I was not home. Buddy just has to be near or you must be in his line of sight or he comes looking for you.

chico2
July 1st, 2006, 07:48 AM
Technodoll,your Moka was stunning:love:
I also prefer the looks of the Doberman with his ears done,just wish they were born that way:sad:
Still,ears done or not they are all very beautiful,I've always admired the look of the Doberman.

toby's tracy
July 1st, 2006, 08:06 AM
You had me at the first pic...:)

What a sweet face she has!!

technodoll
July 1st, 2006, 10:02 AM
i think we need more photos of gretchen now! :D

and thank you, Moka was a stunning dog (finished his CH in his first 3 shows at 6 months!) but he was "everybody's dog", no dobie temperament there.. my little Java-girl though, she was my soulmate and my best friend... gosh i still miss her, 11 years later :(

maybe more photos of Gretchen will cheer me up! :p

Copper'sMom
July 1st, 2006, 08:43 PM
I love those ears!!!!!:D

Lexy11
July 22nd, 2006, 12:14 AM
I have a doberman too and I totally know what you mean calling them velcro. You can be standing looking at the computer working and he can manage to squeeze in and put his head on your lap standing up AND falls asleep.

That Rocky when he was still a puppy now he is 4.5 yrs old.

Prin
July 22nd, 2006, 12:15 AM
adorable.:love:

glasslass
July 22nd, 2006, 12:26 AM
I haven't seen the erect natural ears before. Sure changes that sterotypical image people have of dobies.

Prin
July 22nd, 2006, 12:27 AM
lol I think it's just because he's lying down.:o

Lexy11
July 22nd, 2006, 12:46 AM
hahah yeah sorry it's not naturally erected he was just laying down. His head kinda missed his bed so it was down lower than the rest of his body hense the ears being taken over by gravity.

This is him at about 2 and a bit.

Prin
July 22nd, 2006, 12:53 AM
ooo so shiny!

Lexy11
July 22nd, 2006, 12:54 AM
I think it was the flash and yes he does have a great coat, very slick. It could be that he occassionaly eats fish minced with rice for his dinner.