Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A question for Mtl. rescues

pitgrrl
June 26th, 2006, 11:19 AM
I'm wondering if anyone in Mtl. has any ideas as to how I could help out a rescue, since I have a bunch of time available, other than being a foster home.

I'd really like to volunteer, but my impression is that most orgs are really in need of foster care, which at the moment I'm not in a position to do.
Any suggestions would be great.

meb999
June 26th, 2006, 11:37 AM
there's lots you can do other than fostering : you could help out with transport (bringing a dog from one place to another), help with phone interviews, home visits, foster-care support (call up foster families and see how they are doing and what behavioral problems have come up)...I'm sure if you contact a local rescue and offer your help, they'll find something for you to do ;)
Good of you to consider lending a hand! :thumbs up

poodletalk
June 26th, 2006, 12:04 PM
It all depends on what you want to do.

Rescues have events where they need people help out. Dog adoption days, they need people as dogwalkers. Once a year, there's a dogwalk, where you can work at a table, dogwalker, water station etc.

Also, there's yearly sale of calendars, where people are needed to put calendars in vet clinics, picking up the money etc.

Your involvement can be as much as you want or little as you like. No matter what you are doing, it's making a difference.

If you like to know more, you can always send me a PM.

badger
June 26th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Pierre Barnoti of the SPCA was on CBC radio today. He said they always need volunteers but right now they are also looking for employees. Busy time for them. I'm not sure I could do it :). Bless you to those who can.

pitgrrl
June 26th, 2006, 02:09 PM
This may be a stupid question.......

I don't have a car at the moment and it seems as though the rescues in Mtl. are all quite far from me. So I guess I'm wondering if there are things I could do from the area I live in.

Oh, and thanks for the responses and ideas.

poodletalk
June 26th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Where do you live? There's alot of things you can do at home.