Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Black Lad Has Pancreatitis

RUSSELLLG
January 13th, 2004, 01:55 AM
Hi All,

I am new to the board and need some help in finding out if my Black Lab Sam and My Australian Shepard Bandit are being poisoned, This all started about 3 years ago we had Sam down to the vets and they told use he had pancreatitis and put him on a enzyme additive which has help him a lot but this is where it gets strange my next door neighbor also has a lab and it too has developed the same condition as Sam, They also had a Dalmatian dog which also died of kidney failure, we have noticed our other Dog Bandit is also exhibiting the same symptoms of diarrhea. Well you may say that doesn’t mean your second dog also has the same condition but unfortunately my other neighbor next to me has lets say now has a restraining order against them for harassment against me and my family. Further more there is some sign of an oil based substance on the inside surface of the dogs run and on some planks of wood behind the Dogs run. I should also mention the dog run is adjacent to the neighbor with whom we have the restraining order on. We were also told by the vet that it is very rare to find this condition in dogs.
Any advice, help welcome.

Russell Grossbard.

:(

Luba
January 13th, 2004, 02:41 AM
Pancreatitis is very common in dogs!
What condition is ur vet saying is rare?

First of all, if u have a restraining order against ur neighbour and u have feuds with them why are u leaving ur dogs outside unattended where they have access to hurt your dogs to begin with?

Do u leave ur dogs out all the time? I hope not!

Move ur kennels!! to the other side of the yard where they can't access it cause it's next to another neighbour or something.

If you really want to pursue it contact your local police authority and tell them u feel ur dogs are being poisoned.

Your vet can do a toxicology screen on your dogs to find out if they are. Did u talk to ur vet about this?

Meantime don't leave the dogs unsupervised, if u have a nut living next door u could come home to a dead dog one day!

AND u can't prove they did it without hands on cold hard evidence so forget about a conviction if u 'think' they did it!

You can also install a security camera above your dogs run area, if u feel necessary.

Good Luck
do the toxicology screen...take the dog for blood work and ask for a toxicology test.

And by the way I'm not sure I understood u but ur neighbour can't get a restraining order against your other neighbour FOR YOU! Thats unheard of!
Well you may say that doesn’t mean your second dog also has the same condition but unfortunately my other neighbor next to me has lets say now has a restraining order against them for harassment against me and my family

Carina
January 13th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Hmmm, well I have to agree with Luba; if you have any doubts at all about some neighbor who may be poisoning your dogs, don't leave them outside in a run unattended where someone can have access to them.

If these dogs are "outside" dogs like your other neighbors', perhaps they're barking and being annoying when you're not home? Some people can get really nasty about this kind of thing...

If you truly suspect your neighbor is doing something to harm them, speak up! Like... "Hey, I wonder if my dogs are doing anything to bother you, please feel free to let me know if they bark or whatever. I am pretty sure someone is trying to poison some dogs in the neighborhood, so I am worried and have talked to the cops. Have you seen anything suspicious?"

This will let them know you're open to rational discussion, and will put them on notice you know something's going on.