Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

swimming meet up today ???

Rottielover
June 25th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Hey everyone. Harley has been dying to get into the water, so I was thinking. Would anyone else like to come. I have not figured out where yet, but maybe if other charm in we can figure a mutual place.....

Golden Girls
June 25th, 2006, 10:15 AM
I'm hoping people will reply to this ... I can't find anywhere in Montreal that's clean enough for my dogs to swim in and legal at the same time :D

technodoll
June 25th, 2006, 10:25 AM
totally! we are going to the place Prin recommended this afternoon! http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&country=CA&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&addtohistory=&cat=&address=5105+Rue+Riviera&city=Laval&state=QC&zipcode=H7R
maybe we'll see some fellow friends there?? :D

Rottielover
June 25th, 2006, 12:03 PM
well since I could not find a sitter, I took harley to lakeshore near the marina. We did it for 20 mins before Kayla started to freak out. He tried to dive off a rock, which I had to hold him back, was way to shallow for that.
It was very clean, lots of rocks, and sticks to play with.
I wish I had a digi cam:(. He is a natural....he tried to swim after a duck, thank god it flew away

Golden Girls
June 25th, 2006, 01:14 PM
This shot was taken last week. It was so hot they all decided to try and squeeze into this little filthy stream :rolleyes: This is Angrignon Park

Golden Girls
June 25th, 2006, 01:15 PM
And the winner is:

Brandi :D

Golden Girls
June 25th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Thank gawwwd we bumped into this outside shower mist the week before :thumbs up We stop here on every walk, they love it!

Rottielover
June 25th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Hey golden, we will be there this evening. I am going with a friend, and my daughter with Harley. At that park there is no clean water to swim, right?

Golden Girls
June 25th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Nope - not even a little puddle :sad: Many ponds but way too poluted but there's the mist above, not too bad :D it does cool them off. Even the joggers don't mind waiting their turn :p

I can always work around my schedule if you want - what time do you think you'll be there at?

jiorji
June 25th, 2006, 04:10 PM
bit of a highjack...but GoldenGIrls...I think I might've actually spoken to you at Agrignon once in the spring. Unless there's more than one dog owner with retreivers that don't pay attention and will lick your hand off....the dogs...not the owner hehe

we were talking about my mom's friend's retreiver who lives in the basement...?:o

are you the same person?? lol so weird..i can almost bet on anything the dogs in the picture above and the ones i met that day are the same ones!

Golden Girls
June 25th, 2006, 04:36 PM
oh if I was talking ... then that was probably MOI :o I'm sorry I can't recall the conversation though but I haven't bumped into anyone with 2 golden's that even come close to looking like mine.

Wait, R U that student that was studying on the bench that day and Mist kept wanted to visit the "underground" village and I was attempting to get her to focus on my command but failed horribly? If that was you - this is wayy too funny

Prin
June 25th, 2006, 04:57 PM
totally! we are going to the place Prin recommended this afternoon! http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&country=CA&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&addtohistory=&cat=&address=5105+Rue+Riviera&city=Laval&state=QC&zipcode=H7R
maybe we'll see some fellow friends there?? :D
did you go? Jemma went for an hour long swim alone and I didn't see any other doggies along the shoreline.:o

technodoll
June 25th, 2006, 06:41 PM
noooooooooooo :o at the last minute our plans changed and we went back to my brother's... the dogs swam twice as much as last time and they are definitely a "pack in tune" :D No photos though... camera batteries went flat. for sure though, dakotah needs a life-jacket, he loves to swim and goes in again and again, but he struggles and sinks and always ends up with an ear under the water and only his nose poking out, a few times i thought i would have to jump in there and save him from drowning! :eek: but he doesn't panic, just slow and steady, and goes back for more... maika floats like styrofoam, LOL! everyone had a wonderful time and i know i won't see my dogs for the next 24 hours, except for pee-breaks, they are in a post-jamboree coma! ha ha :thumbs up
loved your river photos, looks like a nice place! can't wait to go, woohooo!

jiorji
June 25th, 2006, 07:50 PM
oh if I was talking ... then that was probably MOI :o I'm sorry I can't recall the conversation though but I haven't bumped into anyone with 2 golden's that even come close to looking like mine.

Wait, R U that student that was studying on the bench that day and Mist kept wanted to visit the "underground" village and I was attempting to get her to focus on my command but failed horribly? If that was you - this is wayy too funny

haha yeah that was me. lol

Golden Girls
June 26th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Rottielover did you end up going to Angrignon last night? I'm usually there every night at 7. I did look around for a rottie, assuming here Harley's a rottie :D but unfortunately I didn't see one around :)

Jiorji: Such a small world ... nice to meet you again :)
Any luck with your mom's friends golden?