Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bizarro comic on animal testing...

Prin
June 25th, 2006, 02:12 AM
This ran a couple months ago... It's a statment, but it's a sad one.

LM1313
June 25th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Animal testing makes me so sad, especially when it's for stupid reasons. I mean, animal testing for cosmetics? For God's sake, can't you tell that hairspray shouldn't be SPRAYED IN YOUR EYES just from the SMELL?

I know that a lot of good does come from medical tests on animals, but since when does the end justify the means?

Prin
June 25th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Well, and the way they do it- no human would ever do that to themselves. Where my dad used to work in the 80's, they'd clamp the rabbit and put the goop in his eyes with a qtip and leave it there for hours. Who would do that?! If you leave shampoo in your eyes for hours, no animal in the world is going to save you.:mad:

erykah1310
June 25th, 2006, 01:40 PM
In my WHMIS training they were talking about animal testing, for chemicals though, I am unsure of the whole animal testing thing, to me it sounds cruel, but however I am happy to know now that regular automobile gas is more quickly absorbed by your skin. You are acutally better off to accidently ingest it then you are to lets say, wash paint off your hands with it!
That shocked me!
With out testing that on lab rats and rabbits( cause apparently their skin is alot like ours) how would we have known that????
ITs a touchy subject though.
I am strongly against it for cosmetic reasons though. If, like stated above, you dont know how to use your hairspray properly, or other "beauty enhancing" products. then perhaps you should only be using it in direct supervision! ( as it is with the chemicals in work places!)

joeysmama
June 25th, 2006, 02:55 PM
I hat that an innocent animal, who has no say whatsoever, can be used for painful and/or lethal testing. I will allow that it may be beneficial for medical reasons and that if it leads to advancements in the treatment or cure of diseases that it may have a place. Especially if it eliminates suffereing for humans and animals.

But I think there is a lot of it going on in the name of money, in the testing and the making of cosmetics.

And anyone who deliberately sprays the hairspray intheir eyes, or plunks goop in there, well they deserve whatever's going to happen. That's just natural selection.;)