Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Feline Leukemia testing

Kelly_ann1980
June 25th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Joey, has been exposed to Feline Leukemia cat. This was my grandmas cat and she would bring him down quite often but he was diagnosed with Feline Leukemia and in the last while they shared litterbox and shared food dishes and at times he would clean him but he got agressive with him because I guess he had that problem. The vet told my mom to bring him 6 months but she never made an appointment. It has been awhile since Ditter has been gone. Do you think Joey is ok? Should I be worried that he might have the virus. How do cats catch the virus? I would to know how simple are test and what kind of thest do they do. Would I get the result the same day. Will he have to spend time at the vet. I am bit worry about getting this test down. Thanks!! Please reply.

glasslass
June 25th, 2006, 01:41 AM
I'm not really well educated regarding Feline Leukemia. The test is just a blood test. Was Joey vaccinated? I'm sure others on the forum will be able to give more information.

Kelly_ann1980
June 25th, 2006, 09:45 AM
No Joey wasn't vaccinated against Feline Leukemia

CyberKitten
June 25th, 2006, 01:25 PM
I would test him just to be sure. There is some controversy about the vaccine as I recall. I believe it is usually transferred from one kitty to another if there are scratches or bites. But if you are truly concerned, I would bring him to your vet.