Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Slobberfest Stories with a few pics

mafiaprincess
June 24th, 2006, 05:56 PM
So I waited in front of the library and I didn't find anyone *tear*.. Was a little nervous but we went wandering saw a bunch of cool booths and Cider was totally loved on..

My baby girl won the softest coat contest *woot* and got used to people and wasn't a nervous wreck. Phoenix and her boy found us part way through the day which was really cool and we took the dog crew to the dog park nearby (of course my dog immediately found her way around the fence and was on the wrong side......) It was awesome to meet someone from Pets.ca. Cool.
We freaking got propositioned in the dog park though! Lady wanted ANY dog to breed her female to. All it had to be was male *pukes a little*

Then as I was getting lunch I got a tap on the shoulder. Libby P recognized Cider's haircut, haha. So we spent a while chilling together with her friend who is a member but doesn't post, so I'm having a bit of trouble finding her name.. I feel all bad. Sorry :(

Libby was a huge lovebug, though a little camera shy.. And I'm new at this taking pictures of everythign thing.. So I only snapped a few.

About 6 people told me that my dog is not a cocker. *sigh* Frig people have issues. Also nice having people ask Kim what 'mix' Libby is.....

This was soooooooo much better than woofstock. :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/Mafia_Princess/IMG_0053.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/Mafia_Princess/IMG_0054.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/Mafia_Princess/IMG_0055.jpg

A worn out Cider? You have to be kidding.. Woooooooo!

kaytris
June 24th, 2006, 08:22 PM
We freaking got propositioned in the dog park though! Lady wanted ANY dog to breed her female to. All it had to be was male *pukes a little*

BAHAHAHHA same looney toons asked a friend of mine (DLCC rep) if his spayed, muzzled female pitbull was interested.

I think she hit everyone that had a dog...

it was a fun day, though!

phoenix
June 24th, 2006, 08:46 PM
oh it gets better.
we were having lunch (picnic) after we left you MP, when she hit us up again!! Sam and Maia were tied to a tree with their leashes, and Sam has some issues with being tied up and a loose female dog in his face. So he was barking/growling and I asked her to put her dog on a leash. She refused, saying her dog didn't like being leashed. I said, she should be fixed too... then she kept bugging us, and my husband said look you've already bothered my wife enough-you shouldn't be looking around for something to f* your dog... then she said well, aren't you precious, telling other people how to live their lives, I asked her to please leave and she called me a fat cow. Our lovely, romantic picnic spoiled. I had a hard time eating after that!! She really is crazy.

Otherwise, had a splendid time, nice to meet you and Cider (she's so little and cute!!) and congrats on the contest win! she really is the softest, and not at all grumpy like in her other pics:)

LibbyP
June 24th, 2006, 08:50 PM
YYYYYYYYa HHHHO my big girl was awesome, she let almost everyone pet her without any troubles:D Our troubles started way before that, we saw most of Toronto I think heading the wrong way down Queen St:mad:and didn't make it till the park until after 12:30ish, Thought for sure we missed everyone, but it was really nice putting a face and name to 'Mafiaprincess' and of course how I picked out Cider by the way her hair is cut is too cute. 'Mama Samoan' had alot of fun dog watching and we of course had our favs. The big girl got a neckerchief that actually fit YA HOO now she looks soo pretty:queen:and she brought one home for the old man who couldn't go. Fun I think was had by all, hot in the sun but nice in the shade, cannot wait till next time we meet again:pawprint: Oh I think we saw that crazy woman also but she was talking to other people when we walked by(too bad)

mafiaprincess
June 24th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Fat cow? OMFG.. I'm sorry hun. That lady went from classless in the dog park to an all out freak... I'm sorry.. dude.
I was glad to meet you though, and your husband and doggie crew.
And I was glad to meet Libby and Mama Samoan and their dog crew even if it did take you a while to get there, lol.

Prin
June 25th, 2006, 01:42 AM
Great pics, mafiaprincess... Wish I was there...:o

mafiaprincess
June 25th, 2006, 02:19 AM
Thanks hun. I need to remember to use my shiny new cam more, and learn how to take better pics when in sunlight and can't see my screen well, lol. I'm still waiting for the memory card I want to be back in stock so I can take more than 12 pics, :p

mastifflover
June 25th, 2006, 08:28 AM
You all sound like you had a lot of fun. We were so sorry we had to miss it. But it was unavoidable. Bud and I were hoping to meet everyone yesterday. So glad you guys had fun.

LibbyP
June 25th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Next time Mastifflover, sorry you couldn't make it:( , didn't get the message till I got home and your phone was off, would have been a hoot to see what 'mixes' they came up with for Buddy:confused: , the big girl got 2 really good ones that I just had to walk away, if you don't know pls don't just make a guess, just ask: Bloodhound was one and the second was St. Bernard come on, she blonde, but I guess that is where the mix comes in:p Hey really is there any reason we couldn't just plan a day to meet with just the pet.ca people? Let's think about it:)

mummummum
June 25th, 2006, 10:59 PM
:sorry: I missed all of you. I did get there - but not untill 11:30. First I had to take Ceili home - she just wasn't up for it, too many stairs and she completely balked at the streetcar. Then on trip #2 the streetcar had to be diverted up to Gerrard and the driver decided to take his sweet time so he could book out for lunch earlier on the route - much appreciated by all and sundry who were a little exasperated with his cursing a bluestreak and driving 2k an hour anyway. But it was a beautiful day to be in The Beach - my friend and I left just after the Who's Walking Who demonstration and went...shopping. Now THERE'S a surprize...The Bulldog was a hoot and some of the portrait painters had some gorgeous pieces. If you are thinking of an outing - a doggie beach might be ideal to keep the critters busy. Cherry Beach has lots of parking and barbeques - just a thought.

mastifflover
June 25th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Yeah Buddy always gets St. Bernard have not seen any with a brindle coat and then Great Dane. I guess every big kid is one of these 2 breeds. I like the Bloodhound guess real close