Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello To All!

sundayt
June 24th, 2006, 05:35 AM
Hey, there! I am a recently retired 54-year old woman who has had a lot of good forture these days; i.e., I recently married the love of my life, and two days ago we adopted a 9-month-old lhasa apso named Bruno. He's a wonderful dog in MANY ways, but dog ownership is new to me (I've always had cats as an adult), so I will have many questions as we move along. I am so excited to finally be in a position to have a dog!

My first question is what to do about razor burn. Bruno was recently shaved on his belly by his foster mom because of matting. Thanks for information on this!

Terry

Frenchy
June 24th, 2006, 09:27 AM
sundayt; hello and welcome to this forum.I can't help you with the razor burn but I wanted to congratulate you on your wedding and new adoption :thumbs up never too late to fall in love (gives me hope!)

glasslass
June 24th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Aloe gel will help sooth the irritated area. It won't hurt him if he licks it. It's never too late to enjoy the benefits of doggie kisses!

t.pettet
June 24th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Wash clipper burn with gentle soap and cool water then apply aloe vera 3 to 4 times daily until healed.

sundayt
June 25th, 2006, 09:33 AM
sundayt; hello and welcome to this forum.I can't help you with the razor burn but I wanted to congratulate you on your wedding and new adoption :thumbs up never too late to fall in love (gives me hope!)

Yeah, I finally found my prince after much heartache. Life is sweet.

sundayt
June 25th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Wash clipper burn with gentle soap and cool water then apply aloe vera 3 to 4 times daily until healed.

Thanks for the tip!

sundayt
June 25th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Aloe gel will help sooth the irritated area. It won't hurt him if he licks it. It's never too late to enjoy the benefits of doggie kisses!

Thank you! He's much better today .... he's a tough little pooch. Here's his pic if you'd like to see what he looks like.