Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

a most perfect afternoon

technodoll
June 23rd, 2006, 11:28 PM
I hope it's ok to post a link to a post i made in another forum? it has lots of cool photos, too long to upload here... basically 4 very happy dogs (2 of which are rescues - german shepherd & great pyrenees - and my 2 akitas) just swimming and romping in the countryside. the story is all here, if you are interested: http://www.network54.com/Forum/187550/message/1151122704/beanies+love+swimming+%28many+photos%21%29

thanks for letting me share the doggy happiness :o

glasslass
June 24th, 2006, 12:13 AM
What happy beautiful doggies! Why doesn't Churchill swim? I'll have to tell MY brother about the Akita Forum. He has an AkitaX which he rescued when she was just 10wks through an Akita rescue. She's 3yrs now.

jesse's mommy
June 24th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Great pictures. They look like they had a wonderful time.

(Oh and on a side note, your brother is pretty hot. :D )

chico2
June 24th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Beautiful dogs,lucky dogs,great pics:love: :love:
Give your brother a :grouphug: for rescuing those two dogs,he must be a wonderful guy!!
Your Akitas are stunning as always..
Before the Forum,I was always under the impression Akitas were very aggressive dogs,but that assumption belongs right up there,with thinking ALL pitts are dangerous,it's called ignorance!
You live and learn:thumbs up

cpietra16
June 24th, 2006, 07:46 AM
They look like they are having a great time...where do you take them swimming. The water looks so clean. I didn't think there were any clean bodies of water anywhere in Montreal.

poodletalk
June 24th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Churchill is super cute! The way he was shaved, he reminds me of a standard poodle!

Alex_Galea
June 24th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Your dogs are very cute, i like the "suck" pictures :).

Frenchy
June 24th, 2006, 09:13 AM
I was thinking the same thing,he does look like a poodle,beautiful angel face.Will you be able to post some picture of him when the fur grows back?And maybe some other pictures with his new DAD too :p (very cute) I didn't know your dogs could high five for a cookie!Lucky dogs in the lake,looks soooo refreshing.How nice of your bro to rescue them both.So cute,likes big dogs (yea,I have big dogs) rescues them from a bad situation,he must have a girlfriend :sad:

technodoll
June 24th, 2006, 09:54 AM
LOL! thanks everyone :) My brother is an angel for sure... he loves those dogs like his own children. and yes, i will take updated photos of Churchill when I go back, can't wait to see what he looks like with a new coat on! the four dogs get along famously, they had a great vibe going on and it was so lovely to see them just... be dogs. My little bro lives on top of Mont Yamaska (that's near Granby, in the Eastern Townships) and the pure-water lake is a 3-min walk from his house... i still can't believe he's single... Not that many nice women like his lifestyle? :confused:

Prin
June 24th, 2006, 10:29 AM
I'm sure there are plenty of women on this site that have his lifestyle... reer...;)

Great pics.:)

Frenchy
June 24th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Don't know why,I keep going back to the pictures :rolleyes: don't want to threadjack but I will anyway;what do you mean woman don't like his lifestyle? Because he likes dogs and lives far for Montreal?I left MTL 3 yr ago to become a "country" girl.I think Sherrington is about an hour from Yamaska ;)

Stacer
June 24th, 2006, 01:32 PM
I think Frenchy wants a set up:D

technodoll
June 24th, 2006, 03:39 PM
LOL! i can see myself setting up a blind date, for a finder's fee... LOL LOL (kidding) It's really strange though, what most women (that he's met...) seem to want. Honestly my bro is the sweetest thing, has a good job, works hard, has good manners, doesn't do drugs or booze but likes to party and drink fine wine like anybody else, and really wants to find that special someone to build a life with. plus his sister is very nice :D :D and i hope he doesn't find this site cuz he'll be mortified! LOL

Rottielover
June 24th, 2006, 03:45 PM
dogs look like they are having a great ole time. psssst your brother is a hottie

Frenchy
June 24th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Yes rottielover,the dogs seemed to have a nice time...(don't want to look too off topic here) now,I think the reason why your bro hasn't met a "good girl" yet is this;lots of woman SAY they want a good man,when they meet a real nice one,it seems he's too nice for them.:confused: Anyway,I"m too chicken for a blind date and probably too old for him.But technodoll,you can still post some pics...of the dogs,of course!;)

jiorji
June 24th, 2006, 05:52 PM
:eek: ... very beautiful.

...........the dogs are cute too :o

heheheee

jawert1
June 24th, 2006, 06:10 PM
great looking dogs and does your brother have an aversion to single girls from the states ;)

jesse's mommy
June 24th, 2006, 07:24 PM
I can make myself single. :evil:

(Just Kidding)

technodoll
June 24th, 2006, 08:17 PM
LOL! you guys kill me :D :D

when we go back next time, I'll tell my brother to, er... dress warmer! LOL and this is still on topic as he was in the photos with his doggies... why is it so hard to meet "good people" that you click with? three of my girlfriends are single and losing hope of ever meeting not Prince Charming, but just an honest, nice guy who wants to be in a healthy relationship. and these are good looking girls with jobs and no neurosis, i mean nothing a guy would look at and go "oh i can't deal with that". I am very lucky to finally be with someone wonderful, but looking around me, i scratch my head and wonder WTF? how does a guy like my brother, who's not a fan of online dating (don't even think he ever did that), who lives on a mountain and only goes in the office one or two days per week & the rest is on the road, meet a nice person? he didn't tell me he was lonely, i mean he has friends and everything, but i just KNOW him (like a big sister does) that he would be so much happier if he had someone to share his life, and his dogs, with. hmmmmmm. :rolleyes:

mafiaprincess
June 24th, 2006, 09:27 PM
What an awesome 'photo story' I really enjoyed it. I feel sorry for that Pyr's coat though :(

And your brother is definately hot. He could be getting blind dates with many dog owners, haha.

Prin
June 25th, 2006, 12:55 AM
I know what you mean, technodoll. I know a few girlies in their 30s who are prefect catches and still either end up alone or with some old man... Where are the "normal" single guys in their 30's and for your bro, where are the single women in their 20's? (Other than here of course! Right, Frenchy? ;)) All I know is I'm lucky to have this man because I wasn't even looking and I might have missed the boat completely.

Oh, and I think you should tell him to come here... Every girl here drools over a guy who rescues a doggy... reer
http://bestsmileys.com/drooling/4.gif

Frenchy
June 25th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Good idea Prin,Technodoll,tell him to have a peak in here!:D As for me,I'm not looking either,one day I guess it will happen.I never went online dating,never will.And maybe I'm picky,but the only guys I find cute are always younger :D And I don't know how / want to flirt,I would feel / look stupid doing it,not my style.And the guy would have to like the fact I have 3 dogs + sometimes fosters,live in the middle of farms and fields,and if I move,it will only to get further from the city.Please tell your bro he has a fan club here!

Copper'sMom
July 3rd, 2006, 10:10 PM
Technodoll!!! It's so nice I finally get to see pics of your dogs - they are gorgeous.......................................... ....and of course so is your brother!!!:p
Your dogs look much bigger when standing on their hind legs for cookies!! Wow!
Your brother's new dog looks like a giant poodle! SO cute!!

mummummum
July 3rd, 2006, 11:34 PM
What an ideal environment for dogs...sigh...grumble, grumble. Who wouldn't kill for a lake in the backyard and a forest and meadow for the front ???!!!!

Prin
July 4th, 2006, 11:08 AM
What an ideal environment for dogs...sigh...grumble, grumble. Who wouldn't kill for a lake in the backyard and a forest and meadow for the front ???!!!!
lol Jesse's mommy- because they're both full of snakes! :D

jesse's mommy
July 4th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Ha! Ha! Snakes are evil! :evil: