Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Buster turned 2 months old today!

BusterBoo
June 23rd, 2006, 09:02 PM
Well, Buster turned two months old today and what a day we had!!!

First...it is one week today that he came into our lives and .... we will never be the same!

Hubby and I were out staining (more) deck around 10:30 this morning, both dogs were on the fenced deck and then I heard Buster cry....and cry....and scream....

Harley was with me, so I checked and Buster had found a Bee!!!! A small yellowjacket bee had stung him on his paw!!! Of course, we panicked! I rushed him inside, and put his little paw under cold water and he was still wailing away. I then called the Vet and they told me to put cold water compresses and watch for any swelling. The poor little guy limped around for about half an hour....he would sit and hold up his paw. I was in tears! After about an hour, he settled and would let me touch his paw, without him attacking my hand and biting (drew blood the little bugger did! )

Once he settled down, he fell asleep for about two hours, which of course....concerned me (geez...when he is awake he too active, then I worry when he sleeps )

Then he woke up! and all hell broke loose until about 8:30 tonight! He is full of vim and vigor! He hasn't stopped all afternoon and tonight. Poor Harley! I have never known Harley to snarl and growl as much as he did today, which does concern me. My happy doggie is getting a little p@$$ed! Is this normal? They were doing quite well, but Harley seems stressed now

Anyways, that's a day in the (short) life of a puppy! Wonder what tomorrow will bring?

Prin
June 24th, 2006, 10:35 AM
He's a cutie! Happy 2 months Buster!