Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi from Pennsylvania!!

CaityCat
June 22nd, 2006, 07:55 PM
Hi! I'm a first time kitty owner, and am so happy to have found this wonderful site! My baby boy is named Mr Kennedy and he is 4ish weeks old. I have had him for a week now, and he came from a very nice lady who saved him, his brothers and another litter of kittens from a man who was going to "get rid of them." Anyone who has any advice on raising an "underage" kitten I'd love to hear!! Does anyone have advice on how warm he should be kept? He is very lively and playful, and doesnt like staying still...
Thanks!! :pawprint: CaityCat

badger
June 22nd, 2006, 08:48 PM
Wow, small. What is he eating at this point? He probably needs some kind of special food, or at least a supplement. I'd get the vet to help you with this.
Welcome to the board!
PS We love pictures

LibbyP
June 22nd, 2006, 09:12 PM
Hi and welcome, wow you've got your hands full with one tiny fur baby:) I will speak with my friend who is fostering 13 - 3 week old orphan kittens for any advice if you wish, what kind of info are you looking for? Again welcome and wishing you both all the best fun times ahead:thumbs up

Mahealani770
June 23rd, 2006, 02:59 PM
Hello Caity and welcome!
My partner is from Pittsburgh, PA so I HAD to say hi! lol
Good luck with your little one!:)

CaityCat
June 23rd, 2006, 08:26 PM
Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome!

If anyone has advice on feeding that would be wonderful. He loves KMR but wont touch any other kind of formula. Our vet advised us to start weaning him to hard kitten food soaked in formula. (He came to us eating hard food that had been soaked in water, but when we took him we put him on formula because he was malnurished) Do you know of any tactics to get picky kitties to eat? I know if he is hungry he will eat it, but I'm worried about dehydration. Any advice is welcomed!

Thanks!

jesse's mommy
June 23rd, 2006, 09:27 PM
Welcome to the forum. I'm originally from outside of Philadelphia -- Bucks County to be exact!