Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help!!...We didn't receive response from Take me Home, Mississauga, Ontario

halcon_milenium
June 22nd, 2006, 08:54 PM
Hi everybody,

We need some help, we submit our application in order to adopt a dog called "Boo" last sunday, June 17, and up to day we didn't receive any response from the organization Take me home from Mississauga, Ontario.

Does anybody know how to contact these people?, we really want to adopt "Boo" ASAP, however we don't know what else we can do?

I used the email that appear in the website: <takemehomeon_qcdogrescue@hotmail.com>

Thanks for any help that you can offer to my family.

Thanks.

meb999
June 22nd, 2006, 09:21 PM
you have to remember that rscues are all volunteers, they have regular jobs, families, husbands/wives, animals of their own and usualy a few fosters...so you have to be patient. Give them a chance to review your application. Maybe you could send them an e-mail asking if they received your first one?

What's the big hurry?

mastifflover
June 23rd, 2006, 02:23 AM
As Meb says it sometimes takes a little time for them to get back to you. But a rescue dog is worth the wait. I have owned rescues for the last 15 years and they always are worth the work and the wait.

Puppyluv
June 23rd, 2006, 07:53 AM
When I applied to adopt my dog, I didn't hear anything for about a week, but even though they hadnt contacted me, they had put the dog aside so that no one else could adopt her in the meantime. Don't worry, there's no hurry, and even if this one doesn't work out, there are a millionmore dogs out there that need a home.

muckypup
June 24th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Maybe try your email again. When I contacted them to adopt my baby they emailed me back the same day or next day, it was fast. Good luck with your adoption.:pawprint:

mafiaprincess
June 25th, 2006, 12:26 AM
I would give any organization or business a week before I felt the need to do anything. And only then might I send a kind email making sure they had received my first one, or that it didn't get misplaced.

Sounds a little sketchy that you need this dog 'ASAP'.. It's awesome to want to rescue, but needing the dog right this minute sounds kind of strange..

Prin
June 25th, 2006, 01:09 AM
Is it this one: http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6485899 ?

If it is, are you sure you fit the criteria? Are your kids in their teens? Have you had big dogs before?

I agree with mafiaprincess- rescues don't like it when you seem to be in a hurry to find a dog that is supposed to stay with you forever. Many of the dogs they get are dumped by people who bought on impulse...