Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tuffie Toys in Canada?

Schwinn
June 22nd, 2006, 03:17 PM
Hey all. I was talking to a friend who kept talking about something called "Toughie Toys" and how they saw them when the went to the states. As anyone heard of them, or know where to get them in Canada? I'm not sure what they are, exactly, but she said they'd be good for Daisy.

mummummum
June 22nd, 2006, 03:23 PM
Yup - I've seen that brand. Little rubber tires, bone shaped thingies - toss and tug style toys. I'm sure I've seen them in Global and Pet Valu - may have even seen them in Petsmart.

Puppyluv
June 22nd, 2006, 03:26 PM
Do you mean these: https://secure.edogtoy.com/~admin3/index.html ?
You can buy them from the website if so.

mafiaprincess
June 22nd, 2006, 03:28 PM
http://www.tuffiespettoys.com/

If you mean those, I got the gingerbread man in the hardest material 2 april's ago at petland..

petsmart last summer carried the small versions in the not so tough material.

When they originally came out the hawaiian print was the lighter toys, and the red print was the heavier ones, but they've added a bigger selection in the past year.

Just watch that for how tough they are, they are good, but not kong strong. Cider's eaten a piece of the edge reinforcing off her gingerbread dude, the way she would eat the side out of a stufftie, just took longer..

Prin
June 22nd, 2006, 03:46 PM
Those toys are weird IMO... I must convey that to my doggies because they just don't like the material ones either...:o

jesse's mommy
June 22nd, 2006, 04:31 PM
How tuff are these tuffie toys. I know mafiaprincess said that it took Cider a little longer to get through the side of it, but what about if you have a dog that shreds ALL stuffies within minutes, like let's say, Jesse? Is it something that would occupy her for a while? Also, is this something that can be bought in the States? I haven't seen them here yet, but then again I wasn't looking either. If anyone has some first hand knowledge and experience, I would love to hear about them. Is it tougher than the Ikea ball I've read so much about?

mafiaprincess
June 22nd, 2006, 05:18 PM
Cider had a destroy phase where she killed her stuffties, that's when she ate through the side of the guingerbread man.. She's only started to play nice recently and has gotten it back but wants to keep chewing on the damage..

If your dog is a hardcore wrecker of stuff, they just aren't 'tough enough'..
I've seen toys made of chunks of firehose elsewhere.. they don't have edge reinforcing which is their weakest point on what we have..

Puppyluv
June 22nd, 2006, 06:10 PM
I've never tried the tuffies, but Layla has had a couple of the Bamboo "Hula girls" and she loves them. They have a squeeker,and though they don't last as long as the hard rubber toys, they are the longest lasting soft toys shes ever had:
http://www.bamboopet.com/dogs/toys/

Prin
June 22nd, 2006, 10:28 PM
Oh, those are the ones I've seen before. Not the toughie toys... Never seen the tuffies before then.

mafiaprincess
June 22nd, 2006, 10:52 PM
You know.. Ignore my posts.. I have one of those. But it looks so much like the toughie toys lobster I thought it was the same company... Oops :p

Do watch the edging on any of those toys by any company though. Unless super hardcore it's what gets wrecked.

*feels all tooly*

Puppyluv
June 22nd, 2006, 10:58 PM
I think the tuffies are tougher-watch this video: http://www.edogtoy.com/pages/tiger_play.htm

mafiaprincess
June 23rd, 2006, 12:20 AM
That video is pretty cool. If Cider did that with her toys they'd still be in one pieces though. It's a little mouth worrying the edges of crappy stufties and nicer ones that's disaster. That tiger is biting down on the more durable middle part though, which seems decently strong being that it has no seems there and stuff.

mafiaprincess
June 24th, 2006, 04:35 PM
New opinion.. I now own one. Got it at slobberfest.

It's fun, I got the red ring.. She likes it is chomping away on it, hasn't attacked the binding on it so far. Cool. Though I saw the newest line of bamboo toys at bark n fritz and they are improving in quality too... I think this new toy is much better than the average stuftie.