Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is this abuse?

sodie
January 11th, 2004, 07:43 PM
My cat was accidentaly locked in a spare room of my roommates for a few hours, and he defecated on my roommates floor.

After being yelled at over the cat and cleaning up after it, I found my cat in my room acting strange. Looking closer I found that my cats head was covered in its own feces. Very clearly my roommate rubbed my cats head in it's mess.

Is this abuse? What do I do about this? I've heard him discipline my cat before and I've thought I've heard a "thump" but I have never seen any rash action and haven't pursued the situation untill now, I'm really disturbed and not sure what to do?

Luba
January 11th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Get a new roomie

Lucky Rescue
January 11th, 2004, 09:08 PM
I've heard a "thump" but I have never seen any rash action and haven't pursued the situation untill now,

And how are you "pursuing" the situation now?

NO ONE would abuse any pet of mine and get away with it. Do something!

LavenderRott
January 11th, 2004, 10:15 PM
There are 5 human members in my family. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE in this house had better ever hit an animal under my roof for any reason whatsoever. And the good Lord better look after anyone who slammed or threw a cat in this house.

You need to find a new roommate or a new place to live. I would bet that this is not the first time something "rash" has happened, just the first time it happened when you were home.

sodie
January 11th, 2004, 10:24 PM
I'm moving out, I looked at places today. I'm a shy 22 yr old female living with a guy who 'was' a good friend. to be honest I'm sort of scared of him. And I don't know who to call or what to do about this.

Lucky Rescue
January 11th, 2004, 10:56 PM
I'm so glad to hear you're moving out! Anyone who would abuse a defenceless animal is very cruel and has a serious problem, and you never know when the abuse will escalate to include you.

Most violent and sadistic criminals started off abusing animals.

Do have someone who could keep your cat until you're in your new place? It's horrible that he is being abused, and this could cause behavioral problems. He has only you to protect him - don't let him down.

Good luck and let us know!

Luba
January 11th, 2004, 11:06 PM
I agree with LR
guys a creep!!

I'm sure you can let a friend / family member that you trust take care of the cat until u move!

LavenderRott
January 11th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Most violent and sadistic criminals started off abusing animals

Actually, most serial killers abused animals as children.