Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Coolest.Father'sDay.Gift.EVAR

Schwinn
June 22nd, 2006, 12:15 PM
So for Father's Day, I got a one hour introductory flight lesson! I am SO STOKED!! I'm not sure what Mrs. Schwinn was thinking, though. When I was younger, I got my motorcycle license so I could trade my car for a bike for 3 months to get it out of my system, but it only made it worse. I can only imagine what'll happen after a flight lesson! I asked her to come up with me so she could take the video camera, but she said she'd be hiding in the basement with Gracie.

And so anyone else can hide, it'll be July 1 at Buttonville airport.

All I keep thinking is how nervous I get driving down the road and seeing "Student Driver" on the roof of a car. I can only imagine having a plane go by with that on the roof...

technodoll
June 22nd, 2006, 12:19 PM
i think you'll LOVE it! that was a birthday gift i once gave my (now ex-)husband, and i went along for the ride... it was more like a "test ride" and "this is what you would learn if you wanted to follow the courses" kinda thing... the instructor did the takeoff and landing, but hubby handled some controls while flying... it was sooo cool and yes, a bit frightening, and LOUD! haha have fun! :party:

lewisw
June 22nd, 2006, 12:30 PM
WOW that sounds cool if I was nit afraid to fly :)
I got three dress shirts from my kids (Wife picked them) Guess she felt it was safer then flying lessons :)

Prin
June 22nd, 2006, 03:53 PM
Yeah... uh... I got my dad an extreme tape measure... ummm.... yeah. :o

Have fun.:party:

jesse's mommy
June 22nd, 2006, 04:05 PM
Ummm....I got my Dad a Sears gift card. :o

dtbmnec
June 22nd, 2006, 04:56 PM
I got my dad.......ummm I let him watch Soccer....:o

I'm kinda poorish and anything dad wanted was out of my price range...:( I do feel bad but what can you do?

Megan

LibbyP
June 22nd, 2006, 05:09 PM
The kids picked out a Schwinn 240 DSR for daddy, must remember my kids are only 4 and 2.5 but they've got good taste:D

OdinAndAlan
June 22nd, 2006, 10:32 PM
For Father's Day I got my dad a copy of Da Vinci's Code and a 6 pack of Stella Artois :)