Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help needed for Ontario cruelty case *Warning - shocking pic*

Lucky Rescue
January 11th, 2004, 10:51 AM
This is Slim.
He was kept in a basement for 2 months with no food,and was near death when dumped. His life is still in danger. He was taken in by PITCREW RESCUE, who has taken in 3 dogs this week alone, and who now has 15 dogs to care for - some of whom are blind or deaf or suffering the effects of being used for experiements in a lab.:(

http://www.pitbulldogs.org/Slim2.JPG

PITCREW is very overwhelmed, and this pathetic puppy (who weighs 23 lbs at one year old) is a big finacial drain. A Paypal account has been set up for him, and any donation at all - even 2$ to buy some cottage cheese for this pup, would be very gratefully received.
The email for donations is: PITCREW (pitbulls@execulink.com)

PITCREW's web site is here: PITCREW RESCUE (http://www.pitbulldogs.org/)

Luba
January 11th, 2004, 11:08 AM
LR where are they, are they around T.O?
Will they take food donations??

(I'm horrified)

update
I just sent an email to see where I can drop the food off!

Lucky Rescue
January 11th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Luba
LR where are they, are they around T.O?
Will they take food donations??

(I'm horrified)

update
I just sent an email to see where I can drop the food off!

THANK YOU LUBA!! I'm going to bump this up for awhile and hope for more help.:)

PITCREW is in Tilsonburg, about 40 minutes from Guelph.

Anyone who wants to help, look at this way: Just skipping the rental of one video this week (for example) and sending that money to Pitcrew would be enormously helpful for someone who has sacrificed personally to try and help these abused and abandoned animals.

Luba
January 11th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Oh crap they're too far from me
A few hours drive!

I'll see what else I can do!!

chico2
January 11th, 2004, 04:32 PM
What a sad,sad little puppy....:( I see on ther web-site they are close to London Ont,I will write for a mailing adress....
I hope this poor little soul will be all right eventually..
THE CRUELLEST ANIMAL IS THE HUMAN ANIMAL!!

Lucky Rescue
January 11th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Thank you Chico! We dont' know if this poor little guy will survive this horrendous abuse, but every little bit helps!

The owners have been arrested,but no penalty they get will ever punish them enough for what they have done.

Luba
January 11th, 2004, 06:36 PM
LR

check ur email :D

daisy18216
January 13th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Hello LR, that was nice of you to help PitCrew Rescue get more help.

I'm asking my mom and her dog loving friends if they can help too. We can all get together and ship items that PitCrew Rescue had on her Wish List and possible send money too.

I hope this all works out.

Also Slim gained 6 lbs and is doing better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Slim is a fighter, he's in loving hands now.

Luba
January 13th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Hey Daisy that's a great idea!

I was thinking about doing a collection myself..not sure how to organize it and deliver it though!

Maybe we can do a donation relay, does anyone wanna help and join in??

My brother is in Beamsville, is that close to where they are?

Lets put our best effort in!!

:D

daisy18216
January 13th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Luba, I'm not too familiar w/Canada.

I was talking to PitCrew Rescue and she gave me her address, so that way I could mail the items to her.

I think it will work w/organizing a collection. She does have her hands full, and I know I'll be more than happy to help.

As for organizing it, how about start the collection at the beginning of the week and at the end of the week, get all the items together and mail it out?

And we could keep doing this so she'll be well stocked.

We can do this!!!!!!:D

Luba
January 13th, 2004, 11:56 AM
DUH @ Luba for not noticing where u're located (DUHHHH)

Yes, WHO ELSE wants to get involved.

Any southern Ontario people that want to help out??

Mona ? Chico ? Come on folks out you come !!! I know ur in here somewhere! Blankies? Food? Anything? Lil Moula??

WE CAN HELP!!
Can I get a cheer??
Rah Rah something ?? haha

daisy18216
January 13th, 2004, 12:06 PM
That's ok Luba, I forgive you. hahahha

Let's get this party started!!!

RAH RAH RAH!!!! LET'S HELP PITCREW RESCUE AND SLIM AND THE OTHER DOGS!!! RAH RAH RAH!!!!:D

We'll make this work.

Please help everyone anyone.

This is the items that are needed:

Dog Crates
Blankets
Collars
Leashes
Chew Toys
Dog Food
Bleach
Floor Cleaner
Fabric Softner

And Money that can help w/the vet bills

So please help!!!!!

I hope they start answering us Luba.

Murph's Mom
January 13th, 2004, 01:12 PM
All right Ladies I'm in!!!

I have a dog crate and collar, leash, blankets. I also could definitely pass along a few dollars instead of taking the kids to McD's.

Let me know how you want this to work. I am here!!:D

Lucky Rescue
January 13th, 2004, 01:16 PM
You guys are awsome!! Thanks on behalf of Andrea at Pitcrew Rescue, and of course - the dogs, particularly Slim!

Luba
January 13th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Great stuff Great STUFF!!

Okay well what I was thinking we all gather what we have from ourselves and our friends/family/neighbours and package it nicely in boxes.

THen we can do a relay system.....drop off to next closest person until we get all of the stuff close enuf to the rescue so it can be delivered or picked up!

Is anyone close to London out there???FORGET it duh me again Smurfette u are...hahhaha!!!

How close is Beamsville to you Smurfette?

Any takers???

I've got stuff I can donate too and we'd get a lot goin if we could get some more help!

:D

daisy18216
January 13th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Murph's Mom is in London.

daisy18216
January 13th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Maybe she can help somehow.

Lucky Rescue
January 13th, 2004, 01:52 PM
London is less than an hour away from Pitcrew.:D

Scarborough is two hours.

mona_b
January 13th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Hell yeah I'm in.:D

I was just so saddend by this poor baby.Some people just make me " I have a potty mouth" sick.Sound familier Luba?..LOL.

I do have a nephew in London.He's in college there.

Maybe Murph's Mom can give us a hand.:D

mona_b
January 13th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Are they right in London?

I couldn't find it on their site.

mona_b
January 13th, 2004, 02:11 PM
K never mind.I know...I was having another blonde moment...LOL.

Luba
January 13th, 2004, 02:40 PM
I'm a complete "duh" when its southwestern Ont I know NOTHING lol~!

chico2
January 13th, 2004, 03:16 PM
I believe it was mentioned somewhere Pit Crew is in Tillsonburg,if someone delivers to me in Oakville,I can deliver to Beamsville,Tillsonburg is closer than London,if that's where they are...
I do not have any blanket and things,I deliver regularly to HS,gave them my cat-beds and stuff....since my cats prefer the King-Size variety...:-)
Maybe someone lives in Mississauga,who could deliver to me..?

Murph's Mom
January 13th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Yep, I am in London. So, if we all put our stuff together and then ship it to then next closer person and so on until it finally comes to me - I will take it to PetCrew myself, personally. How is that ladies?

Murph's Mom
January 13th, 2004, 04:31 PM
I've been talking tro you too much Luba Tuba - I am not thinking straight. I forget to put everything I want to say in one message.

Smurfette says Tilsonburg is about 45 mins from here (for all of you having trouble with where I am - that's London ).

So let me know what you think!

Lucky Rescue
January 13th, 2004, 04:37 PM
I will take it to PetCrew myself, personally. How is that ladies?

That's just fine with me!!:D You might want to take a look at Lady Marmelade while you're there too.;)

This is wonderful. Helping out pit bull rescues is NOT at the top of most people's charity lists.

Murph's Mom
January 13th, 2004, 04:47 PM
OOHHH, you are a sly one, LR!!:)

Luba
January 13th, 2004, 04:56 PM
I'm in the process of getting my brother to agree to help with transporting things, mr relay brother :D

Will let you know what and how and who where when stuff haha!

Maybe we should start making a list of what we're collecting??

What u think?

MurphSmurfSmurfette u're killin me again

Does someone have a good map link all I find are sucky ones.
I want to like RED DOT where we all are so we can get our drop off / collection points established.

Murph's Mom
January 13th, 2004, 05:06 PM
A list is a great idea. You can try mapquest.com - you can enter the starting point and the ending point and it will show you everything in between. I don't think it is exactly what you're looking for but it may help.

Who do we start with? Whose first on the direction we are going?

Luba
January 13th, 2004, 05:34 PM
So far I think I am the furthest east!

Lucky Rescue
January 13th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Whoever is going, let me know and I'll send you the address. PM me!
Also, you can contact Andrea and arrange a time by emailing PITCREW RESCUE (pitbulls@execulink.com)

I need to move to Ontario!!!:(

Luba
January 13th, 2004, 07:52 PM
I have:

-4/5 blankets
-stainless steel food dish
-some stuffed toys

Can anyone do a pick up from Beamsville to take it closer to the shelter?

chico2
January 13th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Actually luba,Beamsville does not make sense,it is towards Niagara,Tillsonburg is the other direction....if that's where they are..

chico2
January 13th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Looking at the map and your different locations,it does not give us many options.For me driving to London from Oakville would take me 4 hours there and back and at my tender age(old):-) and the iffy winter-weather it's not something I really can do...
Maybe someone at the shelter has the time to meet half-way...

chico2
January 13th, 2004, 09:54 PM
If someone could pick up in Brantford,it's about an hour from my house in Oakville would be ok....nite,nite all:o

Luba
January 13th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Thanks Anita I have no idea about where Tillsonburg (sp) really is, thanks I'll not bother my brother anymore about Beamsville, he told me it wasn't close by either Hahahaha and I just thought he was being lazy.

chico2
January 14th, 2004, 06:58 AM
Good morning everyone!
After thinking long and hard and discussing the problem with my hubby,I have come to the conclusion,seeing we have only about 3 people to drive...it's to me just to difficult to organize.
I would not hesitate if we were transporting some poor dog or cat to a safe place...
There are plenty of unfortunate missunderstood pit-pulls so much closer to home,actually they are in every shelter in the city,where due to peoples cruelty their adoptability is in question.
The Pit-crew people are doing a wonderful job and I am sure if they went public asking for donations of blankets,food etc...people would help out after all a dog is a dog,no matter the breed.
I will do my part and send them some money,every little bit helps,but I am sorry I have to pull out of the driving part..

Luba
January 14th, 2004, 12:33 PM
No worries then Anita

Thats' fine and understandable. Our road conditions are not the best these days.

I will package up what I have and send by mail to them then!!

If anyone else has anything they'd like to donate email me for their address and I'll fwd it to you.

Luba

Murph's Mom
January 14th, 2004, 05:40 PM
I am still going to drive my stuff out there so if anyone is in the area and wants to send their stuff to me to take when I go PM me for my address.

Either way I figure PitCrew is still coming out on the good side of things!

Luba
January 14th, 2004, 05:47 PM
I'd love to dear if I could get it to you in London :( but I can't!

sniff

Anyone going from Toronto to London with the next few days??