Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How much do your dogs self-clean?

mafiaprincess
June 21st, 2006, 11:12 PM
Really now.. What do they clean on themselves and how often?

I'm wondering if Cider's a freak... I think she's decided licking her hoohah feels good.. Same with her bum..
But she likes to lick her legs too.. not paws, but like smoothing down her leg fur..

Is she a freak, or just prissy about self cleanliness?

mummummum
June 22nd, 2006, 12:44 AM
:eek: ...:D I ain't sayin' a thing.

lewisw
June 22nd, 2006, 05:30 AM
Dani is a licker tooooo :)

If it wasnt for the fact she was just seen by the vet I would swear she has fleas !

But the fun part is if I mix in and scratch her where she is licking I end upo getting a good hand licking !!!!

Lewis

jessi76
June 22nd, 2006, 10:16 AM
Tucker is a basenji so he will clean himself nose to tail... much like a cat. They are known for being VERY clean dogs. if he eats a biscuit, and has crumbs on his muzzle, it's bath time. if he comes in from outside and has a little dirt on him, it's bath time. he is, by far, the cleanest dog I've EVER known.

Prin
June 22nd, 2006, 11:09 AM
Boo needs a bit of encouragement sometimes and then other times he needs a little bit of distraction.. No in between.. :o

Jemma grooms her feet (especially in ragweed season), and nether regions but not much else... I've never seen them lick their bodies, like their sides or back legs.. Probably too much fur in their mouths afterward.:D

we3beagles
June 22nd, 2006, 02:46 PM
My dogs all clean their paws after a walk. What I have never been able to figure out is why they clean each others ears and face. I clean their ears every week, but they keep them up in the meantime I guess. It is so cute.

jawert1
June 22nd, 2006, 02:51 PM
Simon is a clean freak, and will lick himself like a cat, Peaches however, different story.

Luvmypit
June 22nd, 2006, 03:27 PM
Capone is a paw licker and for a while I thought it was allergies but I believe now that hes just cleaning. He spends a good 15 minutes on his paws and his not so private parts also.

As for dogs enjoying the nether regions I believe its true as capone has clearly enjoyed himself a time or two. Its always nice when he goes at himself in front of guests :eek:

meb999
June 22nd, 2006, 03:36 PM
I gotta admit....Buster's not so much into the self-cleaning. Let's just say I always keep 'wet wipes' around the house...:yuck:

doggy lover
June 22nd, 2006, 04:43 PM
Tucker licks his paws and his private parts but thats about it. Funny how they get into a good lick at the wrong time, like at dinner or when company is over.:D :o

jesse's mommy
June 22nd, 2006, 05:21 PM
Jesse licks her private area. It's really gross, she makes this "grunting" noise when she does it (keep your mind out of the gutter, it's not like that). It's one of those sounds that she is really really concentrating on getting the area clean. It's this intense "I'm going to get this super super clean right now!". She's a little obsessive compulsive. :o