Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppy food to Adult food

Maxine
June 21st, 2006, 09:49 PM
Hi everyone! I'm here wondering about my dog's diet.

Lex is around 55 pounds (APBT but probably also something else, he is HIGH on his legs lol, like a boxer) He is now on Eukanuba for Puppy, large breed (He should be on medium breed, but I looked on the chart and he definitly needed large breed). He is 7 months (on the 23rd actually :) ) and I was wondering if I should go with adult food for now on. Can someone tell me if I should or shouldn't? :confused:

Thank you!!

BTW, I know I don't post a lot, but I read every day what is going on and this website is awsome! (I think I got an addiction... :D )

Maxine

meb999
June 21st, 2006, 10:01 PM
Whether or not you decide to change him over from puppy food to adult food, I would recomend that you change brands of dog food. Eukanuba isn't a great food...you may want to check out this forum, it has alot of good info on good doggy kibble (for example : http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=27297)

Maxine
June 22nd, 2006, 09:01 AM
Thank you for the advice!;) I'll will see if I can find better close to where I live. At the petstore I go (Animal Expert) there is nothing like hollistic food (Well, I didn't find any) Maybe someone can tell me a good seller of this kind of food? I'm in Montreal, St.Henri.... Thanks! :pawprint:

But i'm still wondering if Lex is too young to start eating adult food or not....

Prin
June 22nd, 2006, 09:34 AM
I think Club K-9 on sherbrooke or Animalerie Little Bear on Ste Catherine west would be closest to you... There are also a couple in Atwater market.:) Good luck finding a good food.:highfive:

Maxine
June 22nd, 2006, 08:30 PM
thanks Prin, I will have a look on my day off :pawprint:

Maxine:troll: