Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Wedding songs, what would yours be?

erykah1310
June 21st, 2006, 05:41 PM
Hey all, im just wondering what songs would you all use if you were getting married? Just listening to some tunes and checking emails and pets.ca (obviously lol) I have one song that i have always liked and have always said i wanted it to be my wedding song. ( I have a few that im tossed up with, but its not like a wedding is happening anytime soon lol)
THe song for me is Making Love out of Nothing at all- Airsupply
but im kinda tossed up between that and Angel eyes- Jeff Healy Band.

Just curious what yours were or would be?

Puppyluv
June 21st, 2006, 05:57 PM
I don't think I'll be able to pick the song until I know the song. It's not really something that one of you decides, it's something that fits the couple.

LibbyP
June 21st, 2006, 06:17 PM
There are tons and tons of beautiful songs out there, when you find 'yours' you'll just know - that's the one - ours was by Alison Krauss - You say it best when you say nothing at all, I'm listening to it right now(I have it on the computer), makes me cry everytime sooo with that said you know what I'm doing right now:o

Stacer
June 21st, 2006, 07:37 PM
Ours was Fever Dream by Iron & Wine. It's one of the hardest decisions to make, casue you want to look back on your first dance as husband and wife and still like that song 20, 30 or 40 years later.

catsnatcher-CDN
June 21st, 2006, 07:53 PM
Mine was an old '70s song by Joe Dassin called " Et si tu n'existais pas" .

phoenix
June 21st, 2006, 08:02 PM
Since neither of us is a great dancer, we decided to go old school... for a winter wedding, I've got my love to keep me warm (Johnny Mathis). It was great... so much fun that I was *almost* not self conscious!
I danced with my dad to the song I hope you dance (leeann womack but actually sung by my mom and sister and recorded). That was very special.

BUT: Our real 'song' is the version of unchained melody by U2.

Frenchy
June 21st, 2006, 08:12 PM
"Under Pressure" (Freddie Mercury/David Bowie) :D

jesse's mommy
June 21st, 2006, 08:43 PM
If it was my choice I would pick "Someone Like You" by Van Morrison.

Feral_cats
June 21st, 2006, 09:27 PM
bird trouble by cock sparrer
i figure if the guy can listen to thoughs lyrics and still wanna marry me then it will work out .

meb999
June 21st, 2006, 09:41 PM
Angel Eyes by Jeff Healy
or
You're Still the One by Shania Twain

The first is one of our favorite songs (and it was playing in the car when bf picked me up for our first date!)...but the second is a nother of our favorites and it fits us (we've been together for 9 years, and no one thought we'd make it to our 1 month anniversary!!)

wdawson
June 21st, 2006, 09:55 PM
how about that queen song , forget the name..but it go's......another one gone another one gone another one bites the dust:D

BoxerRescueMTL
June 21st, 2006, 11:08 PM
If it was my choice I would pick "Someone Like You" by Van Morrison.
Me too!!! I love that song!

pamha
June 22nd, 2006, 01:03 AM
Are we talking songs for the wedding or first dance?

We had religious/classical music for the actual wedding, but our first dance was 'Ship of Fools' (Grateful Dead) - we got married on April 1 and the band was a Dead cover band we were/are friends with. It was hilarious hearing them massacre a polka requested by my conservative/German family :crazy:

pamha
June 22nd, 2006, 01:05 AM
Are we talking songs for the wedding or first dance?

We had religious/classical music for the actual wedding, but our first dance was 'Ship of Fools' (Grateful Dead) - we got married on April 1 and the band was a Dead cover band we were/are friends with. It was hilarious hearing them massacre a polka requested by my conservative/German family :crazy:

After nearly 20 years together, we have a lot of songs that are special to us as a couple, dunno if I could pick just one, probably have several good ones for every occassion.

gomez
June 22nd, 2006, 06:22 AM
Our first dance was Frank Sinatra, "I get a kick out of you"

joeysmama
June 22nd, 2006, 07:42 AM
Our wedding song was "Longer" by Dan Fogelberg. We loved the lyrics and thought it was so appropriate for starting a life together. I had requested "You are the sunshine of my life" by Stevie Wonder for the Father/daughter dance but the band messed up and played something else. What's the one they used to always play Dadd'ys little girl or something like that.

We were ticked at our band. We had specific questions for them and sat and interviewed them and hired them on the basis of those things. They were a good band but we were looking for a good band who could play what we wanted and that sort of thing. My husband had a band at that time and he asked the band first if they would have a problem with him coming up, and using thier instruments for one song. They were all over that--no that's great that will be fun. But on the day they got very beligerent and were actually rude to my husband. "No one touches my....." whatever kind of guitar he had which was not nearly as nice as the ones my husband owned. As if Tom was going to hurt his instrument or go bashing it at the end of the song or something. And I really really didn't want the generic song for the father/daughter. They promised they wouldn't do that either.

We had a nice wedding and my husband had insisted that the band be fed a good meal so that was five fewer guests for us so that we could include the band . :rolleyes:

WOW !! That was a rant. !!!! :crazy:

What was the original question ?? About the song? LOL !!

Longer by Dan Fogelberg. :love:

Prin
June 22nd, 2006, 11:05 AM
I don't know... Probably Kung Fu Fighting.:D

Schwinn
June 22nd, 2006, 01:09 PM
My buddy plays the bag pipes and piped us in. We had asked him to play Highway to Hell. In the end, we settled for a Tony Bennet song.

Of course, this was our cake topper...

technodoll
June 22nd, 2006, 01:54 PM
schwinn... hahhahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! if i got married, it would be the other way around, groom pulling me by the hair! :D

lewisw
June 22nd, 2006, 02:19 PM
I don't know... Probably Kung Fu Fighting.:D
Prin you are SO funny and witty !!! I love your comments .
Lewis

meb999
June 22nd, 2006, 03:46 PM
Of course, this was our cake topper...

TOO FUNNY!!! I want that cake topper!!

Prin
June 22nd, 2006, 04:49 PM
Prin you are SO funny and witty !!! I love your comments .
Lewis
lol thanks. :D I figure, why make something up when the truth is much funnier.:D

jesse's mommy
June 22nd, 2006, 05:23 PM
I was at a wedding on Halloween once and they introduced the Bridal Party to Thriller and they all had masks on and then they started the Bride/Groom song and Highway to Hell starts playing. It was pretty funny. (Then they started playing the real song.)

Brat
June 22nd, 2006, 06:01 PM
I think it would be "Joe Satriani - Always with me Always with you" Beautiful song that my boyfriend played for me on his guitar when we first met. :)

But I definitely love Air Supply too!

AshleyMic
June 23rd, 2006, 03:37 PM
Our first dance was Rolling Stones Wild Horses ( was playing when he proposed) second dance was The Way You Look Tonight
But the best was the song we walked back down the aisle to after we had said our vows - Another One Bites The Dust

AliSam
June 23rd, 2006, 10:53 PM
Ours was "Truly, Madly, Deeply" by Savage Garden.

Sept13th
June 24th, 2006, 10:54 PM
If my man and I get married- our first dance will probably be to Metallica's 'Nothing Else Matters'
Here's some of the lyrics

"Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don't just say
and nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
and nothing else matters"

glasslass
June 24th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Don't mean to highjack but this is kinda related. When my cousin's daughter got married, they played all their favorite songs. Then for wedding favors they burned a CD with all the music they had played and designed a beautiful label with their pictures, date, etc. They passed out copies of the CD to everyone. Inexpensive, but one of the nicest favors I've ever received.

babyrocky1
June 24th, 2006, 11:43 PM
"Here, There, and Everywhere",,,Beatles, long time ago.....lol

PEDPA
June 26th, 2006, 01:49 AM
This may seem funny but it's sooo us and it as sooooooooooooo cute!

we had the song that Adam Sandler sang to Drew Barrymore in the Wedding Singer - Wanna grow old with you ..... talks about letting you use the remote control and stuff ...... it actually got a lot of ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love this song ..... out ofg the audience lol... our original song was Staind - so far away - but when we heard the wedding singer song we switched quickly cause it was more us .. theres acually tons of websites about wedding songs ..... some pretty good ones out there too.

mummummum
June 26th, 2006, 02:56 AM
Well at this point in my life I think it will be Loretta Lynn's "I Never Will Marry, I'll be No Man's Wife..." for me :D
But if I were to indulge again it would be Etta James and "At Last". She could make the most curmudgeonly contrarian feel romantic. *sigh :fingerscr *

Terrie
June 26th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Well my first thought would be " Why me lord?"
My favs are " This I swear" by Nick Lachey or "At Last" by Etta James :thumbs up

Skryker
June 26th, 2006, 10:53 AM
I've stated elsewhere that I'm just not intending to do the big wedding/reception thing when we finally legalize (I'm kinda like you, technodoll-that topper should be the other way around!), but, if I did...the first dance would be either "Years From Now" by Dr Hook or "Sunshine On Leith" by the Proclaimers.

And anyone who played "Hey, Paula" or "Something Old, Something New" by Paul and Paula would be subject to immediate ejection from the premises-I loathe those songs! (Guess what my first name is!)

I had a group of friends who (drunkenly) seranaded the first of their guy group to get married with the third part of Meatloaf's "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" at his reception. You know, the part that says "Praying for the end of time, so I can end my time with you". He thought it was funny; his new wife was less than amused. :evil:

Bushfire2000
June 26th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Our wedding was ver casual and laid back.
I don't know what the song was that they played, I watched the tape once and tried to figure it out.
We left it to the Band and the only thing outstanding about the dance was when the parents were supposed to join in my Brother-in-law, who was supposed to dance with my mom (My dad passed away the year before), was nowhere to be found.

Maxine
June 26th, 2006, 11:56 PM
The song would be any version "when you say nothing at all". I gotta say I like the Lonestar one.

I met by bf in the Arctic and our first dance was on this song, very very romantic :p

Maxine