Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Poor little kitten

stinkytaz
June 21st, 2006, 04:37 AM
I could not beleive my ears this morning on the way to work....

I live in an area mainy populated by students and young professionals and was on my way to work this morning on the bus when I overheard one girl say to her friend

'I have gone off the idea of us getting a kitten as we are only in Leeds for another year and we cant take it home with us'

to this the other replied

'Its ok we could just sell it to someone else - someone will definately want it, it will ony be a year old. Or if nobody wants it we can give it to one of those places that wont put it to sleep'

I could not beleive my ears and had to turn round and say something, so i explained how utterly disgusted I was at how selfish this girl could be - and explained that animal shelters were not set up for her benefit. Oh my god Im angry....:troll:

LibbyP
June 21st, 2006, 07:21 AM
Here we also have a huge student population and this a common thing, get them when their cute and fuzzy and then just leave them when they go home after school is done, no I am not saying all students are like that but it is a problem here, we actually had a girl live with us that did that, after me looking after this tiny little blk fuzz ball for three weeks I had enough, she came back and just gave her away to the first person she saw - b****:mad:

stinkytaz
June 21st, 2006, 08:52 AM
I dont understand how these people are at university when they obviously dont have any common sense - im still angry about it now, and its got me thinking about all the other animals that have been dumped where I live...I feed some kitties outside my house every morning, they are ferrel but i leave them food - i bet they were the prized possession of some :troll: :troll: :troll: but now they have to live outside wihtout any proper care or attention because of some kid thinks its ok to send an animal 'to one of those places that wont put it down' when she gets bored of buying food...arrrgghhhh Im annoying myself thinking about it so Id better not!!!:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: