Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Positive reinforcement trainer -- MTL

meb999
June 20th, 2006, 12:12 PM
I want to take Buster for some obedience classes. He has all his basic manners down, and I think I'm doing a pretty good job with his training, but there are a few issues I think I need help with (for example : he's a little dog-agressive, his call-back when he's off leash sucks, etc...)

I'm looking for a trainer in the montreal area (preferably on the south shore) who uses a clicker, or just positive reinforcement. I know Buster will shut down if he's corrected in any physical way. Any recomendations?

SnowDancer
June 20th, 2006, 12:27 PM
I don't live in Montreal, but am having same training issues - except that I just don't let my Eskie off leash as he has no road sense period. I very strongly recommend that you do not go with treat based training. My guy is just over 2 and I would have sworn up and own that he knew all of his basic command - well he does - as long as there is a treat involved. He is now taking a few specific issues private training sessions - and Down - did not go well. No cookie - no Down. Produce a cookie - hey, why get up. It is very hard on both of us - particularly Mommy! Hope you luck out.

Inverness
June 20th, 2006, 01:39 PM
I am sending you a PM Marie-Ève. :pawprint:

meb999
June 21st, 2006, 12:11 PM
Thanks Inverness!