Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Poll of the night! Chocolate or Vanilla?

Prin
June 20th, 2006, 01:33 AM
Ok, I thought I'd start off the poll season lightly...:o And since it's hot these days...

What's your favorite ice cream flavor? :crazy:

Puppyluv
June 20th, 2006, 01:35 AM
vvvvvvanila! And pistachio! And oatmeal cookie, but i have to sitout the chocolate chips.

mafiaprincess
June 20th, 2006, 01:37 AM
Peanut butter and mint chocolate chip. But like ice cream store or a good dairy.. Not the crap in the grocery store..

Prin
June 20th, 2006, 01:41 AM
Ya didn't wait for the poll!! :D (I'm slow and still, as usual the first post is one that isn't on the poll.:rolleyes: :o )

Is pistachio a fruit? :o lol I know that a rasperry isn't... Ok so I'm rusty.
But pistachio is chunky right? It fits, right?

mafiaprincess
June 20th, 2006, 01:44 AM
LOL. It's a nut.

I didn't think you were actually going to add a poll so I replied beforehand.. lol

Prin
June 20th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Well, yeah, that's why it's called "POLL of the night" and not "reply of the night." lol :D :D

I'm vanilla, btw.

jesse's mommy
June 20th, 2006, 04:49 AM
I'm a vanilla girl, but I do like rainbow jimmies on it! (Sprinkles if you don't know what jimmies are.)

dtbmnec
June 20th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Vanilla, Mint Chocolate Chip, the PC Vanilla with sticks of chocolate in it (can't remember the name), and most recently Smarties Ice Cream.

Oooh and the best Mint Chocolate Chip is Breyers (cuz it has actual chunks!) and the only Vanilla with chocolate chunks/sticks is the President's Choice one. Vanilla is well plain but with sprinkles or chocolate chips put inside it makes it better. Who doesn't like Smarties?!?!?!

And now I'm jonesing for the Smarties flavour at 7am before breakfast....*sigh* only a few more hours then I won't feel so wierd about eating it.....

Megan

LibbyP
June 20th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Oh another great poll, about food of course yummy:D mint choc chip, but when we are out moose 'poop' is what I thought it was called for along time:o hee hee hee - The real name is moose tracks (I think:confused: )

mastifflover
June 20th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Well I am a huge fan of Mocha Expresso from Metropolitan Ice Cream. But my other to are chocolate mint (not the one with chips or is green) and chocolate orange and chocolate peanut butter mmmmmmmm. There is a theme here chocolate yeah

Maxine
June 20th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Maple and walnuts. Nothing less! :crazy: This thing is so delicious, I can eat it all! Yeah, actually, everything with maple is awesome :p

Maxine

meb999
June 20th, 2006, 11:06 AM
I started reading the choices without looking at who started the poll...then I read this choice : Frozen yogurt! Low in fat, high in Lactobacillusy goodness! and thought 'who else but Prin would know the name of the yogurt bacteria!!' LOL!

I'm a big fan of frozen yogurt....mmmmm....lactobacithingamabob!

Skryker
June 20th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Very, very favouritist is Orange Pineapple-ummmmmmm!:highfive: But the best ice cream ever is no longer made. :sad: It was at the cheese and butter factory in my Mom's hometown. They still made their own dairy products up until the early 80's.

Then there is Mint Chocolate Chip-and I agree, Bryer's is darn good. Cookie Dough Dynamo or Carmel Cone Explosion by Hagen Daaz are pretty good, too.

Used to love Chocolate Mousse Royale and Gold Medal Ribbon from Baskin Robbins.

New chocolatey indulgence is PC Chocolate Fudge Crackle-dark chocolate ice cream with the chocolate crackle ribbon in it. Deadly, but good!

And if you are looking for adult milkshakes (no way for the kiddies!) Orange Pineapple ice cream and grand marnier or Vanilla and Kahlua beat the heat nicely. They hit you like a ton of bricks, though, so be careful.

Frenchy
June 20th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Chocolate is my favorite but I would probably eat anything that has ice cream (almost anything :p )

Prin
June 20th, 2006, 12:10 PM
I started reading the choices without looking at who started the poll...then I read this choice : Frozen yogurt! Low in fat, high in Lactobacillusy goodness! and thought 'who else but Prin would know the name of the yogurt bacteria!!' LOL!

I'm a big fan of frozen yogurt....mmmmm....lactobacithingamabob!
lol :o :D I'm glad somebody liked that one.:D

Dog Dancer
June 20th, 2006, 12:33 PM
MMMMM now I'm thinking about what to have when I go home for lunch;)

Currently we're working on a Mango Raspberry ice cream, but I don't recall the brand. It's pretty good - but we don't do too much ice cream as a rule.
Dairy Queen Blizzards are my treat of choice - anything chunky.

technodoll
June 20th, 2006, 12:47 PM
frozen yogurt! yeyee! the hard, pre-made stuff that looks like ice cream. any flavor goes, depends on the mood... i find ice-cream too "oily" and heavy, specially when it melts, bleurk! plus i can eat so much more frozen yogurt cuz low-fat, added bonus! :crazy:

Sunkist/Winnie
June 20th, 2006, 12:48 PM
I like the fruit (blueberry ice cream) and the chunky ones (polar bear tracks) plus there is a chocolate mousse ice cream YUMMY!, and then there is the days you need the diabetic sugar shock so cookie dough, or chocolate ice cream with chocoalte chunks and ribbons of fudge is the only one that will do!

One of my favorite thinsg about the summer is seeing what new flavours of ice cream have come out when all the ice cream shacks open up.

Plus everything from Cows ice cream from PEI tastes great! We have a little Cows ice cream place in Halifax on the waterfront, so no need to take the ferry to the island for a fix.

LianneCatherine
June 20th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Do you guys have Cold Stone Creameries in Canada? There's an ice cream shop, MUY expensive, but worth it. They take whatever flavor ice cream you want, and mix it with whatever candy, nuts, toppings, etc. that you ask for right in front of you! They also have themed mixes like apple pie, birthday cake, chocolate overload, etc. I love the chocolate ice cream with brownie, chocolate chips, chocolate candies, and anything else chocolate in a chocolate covered waffle cone. Can you tell I like chocolate? :D

Stacer
June 20th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I'm a fan of Yogen Fruz's frozen yogurt with raspberries in a waffle cone, mmmmmmmmmm. Or mint chocolatechip ice cream...in a waffle cone, mmmmmmmmmm. I really like anything in a waffle cone, mmmmmmmmm.

erykah1310
June 20th, 2006, 04:51 PM
I am the ONLY one who voted " NONE I HATE ICE CREAM AND POLLS" sorry Prin, I dont mind polls but the whole DESERT threads are DRIVING ME INSANE ( insert smilie pulling out hair here, connection is too slow today to find it)
I am reporting YOU too!!!
You are on my "grounded" as well!! lol;)

Dog Dancer
June 20th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Erykah - are you on a diet??? ;)

Prin
June 20th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Sorry... :o But I mean, there's low fat ice cream too... and frozen yog... and even sorbet, which is like frozen juice almost... It's not all fatty and unattainable.:o

Frenchy
June 20th, 2006, 07:56 PM
arggggg,you guys with the low fat cal/diet stuff :yuck: if you eat the real thing early in the day,you will have time to burn it off :D

LibbyP
June 20th, 2006, 08:00 PM
THAT A GIRL FRENCHY, I'M RIGHT THERE WITH YA :p

Frenchy
June 20th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Ya,life's too short to miss out on the good stuff :)

Prin
June 20th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Yeah, that's my man's policy too. You can eat whatever you want before 10AM.

technodoll
June 20th, 2006, 09:02 PM
woohoo! poutine for breakfast! :thumbs up

Frenchy
June 21st, 2006, 11:44 AM
Before 10 am :eek: naaaaa,before 4h00 pm is more like it :D

Melei'sMom
June 21st, 2006, 04:19 PM
I voted Vanilla, but I like to add sliced bananas and pancake syrup to it.:p

mummummum
June 22nd, 2006, 12:04 AM
Metropolitan Raspberry Ice or Lemon Ice...:angel: heaven I'm in heaven:angel: and heaven never tasted soooo goooooodd....

pamha
June 22nd, 2006, 12:08 AM
We just had a Cold Stone Creamery open here. The lines are insane & so are the prices. It was good, but definately not worth what they charge. I`d rather spend the same money for some premium ice cream & have it at home. My very favorite is Baskin Robbins German chocolate cake, but anything chocolate or mint with fudge & nuts is great!

doggy lover
June 22nd, 2006, 06:28 PM
The lactaid icecream that I can eat only comes in few flavors but my fav is chocolate, that reminds me some is in the freezer. YUM:D

glasslass
June 22nd, 2006, 07:35 PM
I voted vanilla because it doesn't stain Den-Den's moustache! And I like the way I can put what I want on it like chocolate, nuts, whipped cream, or fresh strawberries. Or just some Creme de Cocoa over it.

technodoll
June 22nd, 2006, 10:09 PM
i noticed no-one said "squid ink flavored ice cream"! :D :thumbs up

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/photospecials/graph/060528icecream/15.jpg

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/photospecials/graph/060528icecream/16.html

Prin
June 22nd, 2006, 10:10 PM
I think all the dieters will thank you for that one.:D

technodoll
June 22nd, 2006, 10:12 PM
:D I aim to please! :D :D

glasslass
June 22nd, 2006, 10:41 PM
(gag gag gag)

AliSam
June 23rd, 2006, 09:58 PM
Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey is my absolute favourite.