Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My dog is not eating!!

Lmitch80
June 20th, 2006, 12:05 AM
My puppy used to eat with not problems, ten days a go he accidently ate a little bit of ant poison, he vomited twice and then he was doing fine. But now days latter he stopped eating, I changed the food twice alreary but he still not eating much. He seems to be run and do everything normal but at night he is very hungry and he will only eat a little, he is also shedding I don't know if it is for that. Please help!! he is 18 weeks old labrador.
Thanks!! :( :sad:

erykah1310
June 20th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Hi, a few things here,
If your dog ate any kind of poision no matter how little or how much I really hope you have brought him to the vet.
Changing his food is NOT going to help him feel any better, it could actually make him sicker.
Shedding has nothing to do with your dog not eating.
My best advice for you is to get him to the vet ASAP, there is no advice that anyone can really give you on the internet. I hope you hurry and get him in to see a vet, at 18 weeks, a dog not eating is very SERIOUS. Puppies need lots of nutrition for them to grow, they use up alot of energy by doing 'puppy things'
Once again this IS Serious. Please get him to the vet.
Let us know how things turn out.
Good luck

glasslass
June 20th, 2006, 12:16 AM
I agree that you need to get this pup to a vet. Be sure he knows about the ant poison. At this age, pups can ingest lots of foreign objects. Something is causing him not to eat when he's obviously hungry.

Lmitch80
June 20th, 2006, 10:23 PM
My dog has a stomach virus, he will be taking antibiotics for one week. He is a happy dog alreary!!! Thanks!!:party:

joeysmama
June 21st, 2006, 12:14 AM
Glad to hear it !!:)

Thanks for the update !