Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

"Where can we get free pets?" - long rant

LM1313
June 19th, 2006, 02:02 PM
I'm so glad I'm moving, my neighbors are driving me crazy.

Okay, here's the history of these people. First they had an indoor cat who wasn't spayed, so one day she dashed out the door (in search of a tom cat, I'm sure) and hasn't been seen since. The neighbors casually mentioned that she was lost in passing; they didn't even ask me to keep a look out for her after it happened, so you can imagine that visiting the animal shelter, alerting vets, and putting up posters was out of the question. :sad:

Then they got a puppy. To their credit, they did save this puppy from the even more idiotic people down the street who were going to have it put to sleep because it was the runt of the litter. (Perfectly healthy puppy, not sickly, just small. This was an oops litter from a dog contained by a short fence. She had TWELVE PUPPIES. :eek: )

I insisted on taking the puppy to the vet for shots and deworming, paying for it myself, knowing that it wouldn't be done otherwise. Unfortunately my vet advises spaying at six months . . . I SHOULD'VE insisted that he do it right then if the puppy was big enough. Well . . . hindsight's 20/20.

Now, the apartment building didn't allow dogs, which I knew because I'd tried convincing the manager to let me get a rescued greyhound. (No go.) But my neighbors were talking about trying to rent a house from the same landlord's, where they did allow pets, within a week. And the woman said that otherwise, she had a friend with a yard who could keep the puppy until they moved.

Well, I didn't hear much from the neighbors for a few weeks. Then one day I saw the guy and asked him how the puppy was doing. "Oh, we don't have the puppy anymore." But wasn't she at the house of their friend with the yard now? "No . . ." So where was she, then? "I don't know." HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW?? YOU IDIOT!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

But wait, WAIT, it gets better. They also had a hamster, I think a black bear hamster or something like that, which someone had given them after being unable to care for it. Well, all their friends liked the hamster sooo much, so guess what? They decided to breed it, of course!

So this week I went over there after being away a few days (the kitties and I have already moved to our new place, but are still renting the old place for two more months while we move boxes out.) And I find a severely misspelled note on the door from them, asking to come over. "What now?" I think to myself. I went over and knocked on their door. And the guy tells me their hamster died.

Then he says, "You know that place? Uh, the one place, the place you were telling us about, about pets, where they can get them for free?" I just stared in bafflement and disbelief, not having any idea what he was talking about and knowing that I have NEVER mentioned getting free pets from ANYWHERE. :mad:

Then he said, "You know, for low income people?"

I stared at him a few more seconds as something clicked into place. He meant the free spay-neuter clinic I told them about when they had the puppy! :eek:

God, I just wanted to strangle him. I hope they never get another pet, but unfortunately so many people give away their "oops" pets for free that I'm sure they will. Arrrrgh!

technodoll
June 19th, 2006, 02:19 PM
oh maaaaaaan..... :mad: i'm outta words at the moment. and to think... these people are reproducing! :evil:

LM1313
June 19th, 2006, 02:23 PM
It's funny you should mention that . . . they've had four kids, all of whom are in foster care. And now she's pregnant again. *giant facepalm*

mafiaprincess
June 19th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Wow. I assumed this would be a hoobly/kijji/ etc rant...
All the Badly spelled I want a free 'x type' puppy.

This is worse though. I'm so sorry, people are tools.

erykah1310
June 19th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Did he want to find a free hamster? Cause they are what five dollars to buy?? SHEESH, and if it was a dog that he was looking for :mad: WHY?? I wouldnt be able to keep my cool around a person like that!!!

BernerLver
June 19th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Stupid people like this should get themselves spayed/neutered! ;)

erykah1310
June 19th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Stupid people like this should get themselves spayed/neutered!
It should be MANDITORY!! Stupid people shouldnt breed!;)

jesse's mommy
June 19th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Read my quote below. It's a perfect example of why I feel the way I do.

joeysmama
June 19th, 2006, 06:59 PM
they've had four kids, all of whom are in foster care. And now she's pregnant again

I literally gasped out loud when I read that. I hardly know what to think. Anger, sadness. Holy cow !!http://bestsmileys.com/sad/6.gif

dtbmnec
June 19th, 2006, 07:07 PM
:eek:

*is totally speechless* I just....but....and....what....ugh

Megan

Shaykeija
June 19th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Maybe some one shoulld take that guy to the vet and get him neutered...:evil: people like that should not breed...hillbillies

erykah1310
June 19th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Hey hey, dont attack us hillbillys! lol
Just kidding

doggy lover
June 22nd, 2006, 06:18 PM
Ignorant and stupid thats what comes to my mind. Thankfully the children don't live there they have a chance.