Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

You Saved Rocky!!!

JenSteele
June 19th, 2006, 11:56 AM
The Appeal for Rocky just finished. I'd like to thank everyone who gave Rocky the once over to help us figure out if we were going in the right direction!! We saved another one folks!!!

Just for anyone else out there who is still doing it.. Please stop calling your mixed breed dogs pit-bulls - cause they're not and a lot of dogs are going on trial and losing their lives because it's blurring what a pit-bull really is when people do that. Please please stop calling your dogs pit-bulls if they aren't 100% purebred UKC certified Bullies - not only will it help get the stats way down for purebred bulls so that the world can see how wonderful a purebred bull really is, it'll stop getting owners of mix breed dogs in trouble and save the lives of 1000s of dogs :)

Thanks so much for helping to save Rocky!!

dtbmnec
June 19th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Glad to hear! Yay!

Megan

jesse's mommy
June 19th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Woo Hoo! :highfive:

LM1313
June 19th, 2006, 05:46 PM
I'm so glad Rocky is safe! :love:

seeker
June 19th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Great news !

Watchdog
June 19th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Keep up the good work. Glad to hear that Rocky is safe, he looks like a great dog.

JenSteele
June 20th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Does anyone think it would be prudent for me to post the logical steps to go through when defending your dog? And do you all think I could get it posted as a sticky???

Thanks again for helping to save the lives of those who can't speak for themselves!

mastifflover
June 20th, 2006, 10:06 AM
I think that would be a brilliant idea. You could email Marko or one of the moderators and see if they would like to post it as a sticky. I think your experience could only help someone else.
Big yahoo for you and Rocky I love happy endings. :pawprint: :pawprint:

Luvmypit
June 20th, 2006, 03:54 PM
WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO !!!! Jen you rock! Your relentless!!!

I think Marko and company would not have a problem posting it as a sticky especially in this forum.

Good idea!

babyrocky1
June 20th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Congrats Rocky....Is this the same Rocky as we signed a petition for??? WAhoooo anyways and good for you Jen! I think posting that is a great idea, you may want to post it on the pit bull co-op site too!

OntarioGreys
June 30th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Wonderful job, It truly is crazy just how nutty the BSL legislation is and how each municipality handles it and even how a city ban now could play out

I am a bit old school when it came to registering my dogs with the city unless they are registered purebreds I would list their breed and then add the word "mix" afterward since there is no proof they are pure then one day I recieved a letter from the city requiring me to prove my American eskimo, was not a pit bull mix all because I used the word mix :eek: I was furious and was ready to take her into city hall and put her down in front of them and ask them what she looks like but phoned the city to ask for details of why and what they wanted as proof, they were making 2 seperate registration lists for those that proved their mixes were not Pitbulls or where purebred other breeds they would go on the one list and those not proven or listed as pit bull or mixes thereof would end up on their dangerous dog list, when I calmed down I called my vet, he was not aware of this requirement by the city but was glad to write that she was simply an Eskimo, and said he would be doing what he could in terms of identification for any of his other clients dogs as he did not agree with BSL, After I had taken care of my dogs with the city I got hold of my son, A couple years earlier I had been involved in a dog rescue and brought 4 dogs back from Ohio that were about to be put down, one was a 4 month old pup named Lucy which I fostered and my son adopted
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/mleg2001/other%20images/357ec2596694217c62bd04c84f085a0a.jpg and I asked if he still had the paperwork from Ohio that indentified her as a boxer mix, which he did keep and asked how he registered her prior with the city, thankfully he did not use the word pitbull, so I told him to get to the vet, he uses the same as me and let him identify her mix, and to make sure he registered in time with the city
When I talked to my vet later he was actually surprised so very few came to seem him to indentify their mix breed dogs. I am sure many people here had no understanding what the importance was it would be a horrible nightmare should a complete ban go into effect here like Kitchener has. people would have really no where to send their dogs and the city could use their list to start seizing dogs , including dogs that are definitely not pitbull mixes only because many owners made no attempt at having their mix breed dogs indentified so they are on that list now as being part pitbull. Everytime I hear about a "pitbull" incident I cringe and worry about the fallout that could come as a result

mummummum
July 3rd, 2006, 01:55 PM
Chalk up another one for the good guys ! Congratulations on all your hard work - a well-earned decision. Rocky - and so many others like him awaiting similar fates - need more people like all of you on their side.

chico2
July 3rd, 2006, 03:59 PM
Jen,that's great news,thank's for letting us know:thumbs up
I am sure all the missunderstood doggies out there are happy to have you on their side.
Although I don't even own a dog,I believe any info and suggestions you can give people with pit-mixes would be very helpful.
Now,if we could only put a muzzle on M.Bryant:sad:

mastifflover
July 3rd, 2006, 05:18 PM
That is really interesting Ontariogreys. I was just at the vets with my friend who adopted a pitty pup actually his coloring looks like a pinto pony very cute. The vet identified him as hound/ boxer because he is so young his head is small and his ears are to big so she is going to register him tommorrow and he will not need to wear a muzzle. The vet is against BSL and agrees it is the owners who are the problem. Hopefully by the time he matures the BSL will be gone like Bryant

tybrax
July 4th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Fantastic news, congrad's from downunder (Australia)

tybrax and tyra.