Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Loving Male Cat

Furbaby Momma
June 19th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Hi Again,
Here is a picture of my loving male cat Gibson, he is such a sweetie pie that loves to cuddle bug all the time.
Have A Great Day!

glasslass
June 19th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Gibson is beautiful. His eyes exactly match his fur!

Furbaby Momma
June 20th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Thank You Glassglass for the sweet compliment, his eyes do match his amber colour patches. Sadly though he is loosing his eyesight, but his hearing is more than perfect so I have little bells hanging around the house to help guide him. He is a special boy that makes my heart melt. :O)

dtbmnec
June 20th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Fuzzy kitty!

He's cute!

Megan

Furbaby Momma
June 21st, 2006, 08:13 AM
Thank You Meagan for the compliment for my sweet boy Gibson, your two kittens are cutie pies also.

chico2
June 21st, 2006, 08:18 AM
Gibson looks wonderful,sorry about his eyesight,it must be hard on both you and him:sad:
How old is he??
He has a sweet,wise look about him:love:

Furbaby Momma
June 21st, 2006, 09:27 AM
Hi Chico2, Thank You for the compliment for Gibson he is 10 months old and he was a rescue that was so badly treated by his former owner from starvation and abuse. I adopted him and he soon began to get healthier but I noticed his sight wasn't as keen as it should be so I brought him back to the vet for a check up and the vet told me that he would soon be blind. :sad: I got all the info I could from the vet and read as much as I could to see how I could give him a quality of life, so now I have bells and scent toys hanging around the house to help guide him. Also my Retrievers help him and my female cat Cookie is motherly towards him, and of course he knows my perfume so he follows me around. I am so lucky that my sweet boy has come into our lives, he is an amazing kitty and he has quite the character that makes us smile all the time. His favourite thing to do is to sit on the bathtub and play with the bathbubbles while I am in the bath, also he likes it when the clothes come out of the dryer he will help me unfold the clothes that I am folding hahaha! :love:

chico2
June 21st, 2006, 09:52 AM
FM,you did a wonderful thing for Gibson,losing his eyesight would more than likely have been a deathsentence for him in a shelter.
I know he will pay you back ten-fold:love:
My Vinnie does the bath-tub thing too,loves the bubbles:D
With your menagerie,you seem to be a wonderful person and I hope we'll see some more pics and stories.Gibsons story was one of those that really touches the heart.:love:

Furbaby Momma
June 22nd, 2006, 10:08 AM
Thanks again Chico2, I wouldn't reject a human for being blind or having any disability and the same goes for any animal. You are right that Gibson seems to know he was given that second chance he is so amazing I am so lucky that it is us that he and the good lord above chose to share his life with. Gibson also loves to talk hehehe, every time I shake the Temptation treat bag he talks away as happy as can be, Life is so great being loved by animals.

dtbmnec
June 22nd, 2006, 10:50 AM
If I get within two feet of the temptations bag it sounds like I have a herd of elephants runnign through the house! My two know exactly when I'm giving them treats....or food. Its ten times worse when its feeding time....:crazy: They haven't yet understood that mommy needs to be able to walk to get the food! lol

Megan

Furbaby Momma
June 22nd, 2006, 11:37 AM
That's too funny, Meagan and oh so true, especially when the electric can opener starts mmmmmmmmmm they come a runnin!!!! Hahahahaha!