Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Please Help Sick puppy

kingcorgi
June 18th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Im sorry yall I have tried to call many vets but I cant get him in to one until 7:00 am tomorrow ( in the country no emergency vets)

But if yall can tell me if I can do anything to help him out

King
9 1/2 week old corgi about 4 1/2 pounds

He is coughing with lots of clear mucous in his mouth/nose

His abdomen is hurting(lays head and front on pillow and stretches out with back legs)

I have given him a 1/2 cc shot of penicillin and I keep giving him water with a clean syringe

If yall can give me ANY advice I would sure appriciate it

Thanks

Julie and King

jawert1
June 18th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Unfortunately, I can offer nothing to you since I'm not a vet, although I really don't recommend self-medicating the pup. You have no idea what's wrong, and sometimes antibiotics like penicillan do have adverse affects, not to mention overmedicating at his age could lead to tolerance issues later on. Good luck at the vet's, I hope he's ok :pawprint:

kingcorgi
June 18th, 2006, 11:24 PM
thanks though I normally wouldent have treated him myself but I feel I had to try somthing instead of just letting him get worse and worse.

Im trying to help him it seems like his stomach is hurting him really badly I gave him some pepto thinking that may help soothe his stomach.

mafiaprincess
June 19th, 2006, 12:09 AM
I would make the drive out to where there is an ER vet. IF the pup is in that much distress it may be dead by morning.

erykah1310
June 19th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Those symtoms definately sound bad. I hope you can find a way to get him to the vet ASAP, if that is impossible however I will keep my fingers crossed for him:fingerscr

joeysmama
June 19th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Any news about King ???:fingerscr