Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Horses Doofers & Doggie Doo's

Stewart
June 18th, 2006, 03:26 AM
I always carry plastic bags to clear up if Gypsey gets took short and makes a deposit in a wrong place. I say wrong place as usually she goes out in the fields nearby and usually its off into the long grass for her. But what gets me is people with horses who let them drop thier deposits off along roads and pathways they dont clean up after and I feel they should as thier deposits are 6 times more than dogs! I live in a very rural area and countryside is all around so animal muck is no big deal with me and I have no prejudice towards horses. I just feel that as responsible dog owner,Horse riders should act likewise.The law over here is you can be fined up to 1000 if caught letting your dog foul and rightly so but as for horses I dont think there is one :confused:

phoenix
June 18th, 2006, 06:46 AM
well, there is a big difference between a herbivore's feces and a carnivore's feces. Doesn't bother me when an extra lump of fertilizer is deposited in the country; if it's near the mailbox or on the path, I just kick it into the ditch. (i would never 'kick' dog poop!!!)

jesse's mommy
June 18th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Poop is poop, yuck! http://bestsmileys.com/freak/2.gif

(I have poop issues. My honey laughs at me because I'm almost throwing up when I'm cleaning it up in the yard. God help me when I have kids.)

mummummum
June 18th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Every so often the Mounted unit come through my neighbourhood and leave a "calling card". If I'm lucky I'll see it first, if unlucky the grrrrls make a run for it like kids to a dessert buffet...:eek:

glasslass
June 18th, 2006, 03:25 PM
In Sacramento's "Old Towne", they have horse drawn carts giving rides. They have a type of sling that fastens to the horse's harness and goes under the critical area. No horse-pies on the street!

Lise
June 18th, 2006, 04:25 PM
The rule here is out in the horse fields or on one of the trails you can leave it,but if your horse goes anywere else you clean it up!dogs you clean up after wherever.Manure breaks down faster and stepping in it doesn't bother me for some reason.

BMDLuver
June 18th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Poop is poop, yuck! http://bestsmileys.com/freak/2.gif

(I have poop issues. My honey laughs at me because I'm almost throwing up when I'm cleaning it up in the yard. God help me when I have kids.)
lol, you would never have managed to work for the "Captain" then. Once the stalls were picked with the pitchfork, we then had to go over it with our hand to pick up any pieces left. He'd inspect and get rather annoyed if he found anything larger than a dime.

jesse's mommy
June 18th, 2006, 08:16 PM
lol, you would never have managed to work for the "Captain" then. Once the stalls were picked with the pitchfork, we then had to go over it with our hand to pick up any pieces left. He'd inspect and get rather annoyed if he found anything larger than a dime.

I seriously think I would have puked up my spleen!

technodoll
June 18th, 2006, 08:24 PM
why do doggies love snacking on "horse apples"?? :eek: