Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am all alone on pets.ca

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 18th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Have you ever been all alone on pets.ca I just checked the whose on line and its just me all by myself -:sad: OH well guess Joey and I will call it night.:)

chocolatecoffee
June 18th, 2006, 02:30 AM
I'm here!

I'm trying to put pictures of the dogs on my dad's Father's Day gift, but unfortunately it's not working as well as I hoped it would and this software's taking forever to install...

No, I do not leave things until the last minute! :p

Puppyluv
June 18th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Sadly, that has happened to me more times than I'd care to admit. :o
I'm always astounded at how many guests there are though. It'll be lil' ol me, and then 231 guests.

Frenchy
June 18th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Time difference??I stayed 3 months in Vancouver and had to be careful when I called back home to not wake up people!I don't remember the difference,6 hours?

Rottielover
June 18th, 2006, 10:57 AM
3 hour difference.....6 hours is HI. LOL

Writing4Fun
June 18th, 2006, 11:32 AM
3 hour difference.....6 hours is HI. LOL
...or Europe, depending on which way the time difference is going. :p Kind of an erie feeling, being here all alone, isn't it? Puppyluv, don't worry. I'm sure there were some familiar faces among the 231 guests. I often come browsing as a guest and don't sign in until I have something to say. ;)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 18th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Yup I am on pacific time here too - I just getting started then all of you are going to bed. LOL

Prin
June 18th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Happens to me all the time. It's amazing how few people are online past 2 or 3 AM.... I love what the guests read though. Some of them dig up these wacky old threads.

Puppyluv
June 18th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Happens to me all the time. It's amazing how few people are online past 2 or 3 AM.... I love what the guests read though. Some of them dig up these wacky old threads.
It always amuses me when a visitor is reading old off-topic forum threads... like who goes to a pet website to read a poll on your favorite late-night snacks?? (this would be one of Prin's string of polls from last summer ;) http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=18205&highlight=spinach)

Prin
June 18th, 2006, 05:15 PM
and the "butter or margarine" thread. lol Without being members, they can't even vote! :D

erykah1310
June 18th, 2006, 06:48 PM
it happened to me a few too many times for my own good here too, most of the time i just "feel" alone lol
Not a whole lot of chit chat going on lately! IM ADDICTED Y'ALL!!!

pamha
June 19th, 2006, 01:13 AM
How can you tell what people are reading if they aren`t responding to a post?

mafiaprincess
June 19th, 2006, 01:45 AM
Click on 'currently active users' on the bottom of the main forum page.. It's the title above the listing of what members are up. Shows what the members are doing followed by the hundreds of guests.

I'm often up and alone at 2-3am..

erykah1310
June 19th, 2006, 01:58 AM
WOW some of the guests are really searching the archives arent they??? Kinda freaky what people are reading about, that is a nifty feature if i do say so myself! lol

Also just wondering if others are finding things to be a little "slow" round here lately?? Prolly just me, but seems like no good debates or threads starting up to get the flow going???? Prolly just me!

mafiaprincess
June 19th, 2006, 02:06 AM
I found most of the forums I frequent were really trolly this past week. And now that I have time on my hands it's all been quiet, lol. Tells me I need to do more with Cider and sit here less. It's a sign.

erykah1310
June 19th, 2006, 02:08 AM
I agree 100% about the trolly thing. Me too i need more to do to keep me occupied, but this site has become quite the addiction weather or not people are on:o

Puppyluv
June 19th, 2006, 06:11 AM
Erykah- I'm finding it pretty slow too. It seems like even when people are on, they are mostly just reading theads and not replying (for whatever reason). Before, I could click "new posts" every 2 minutes and new posts would appear, now it can be 15-20 min before something appears.

Prin
June 19th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Yeah, summer here is high time for trolls and low time for regulars... Even I haven't been on as much as usual (probably why it's so slow :D - I've withdrawn from 20+ posts a day to about 10...:clown: ). That's also the reason why I made so many polls last summer.. Just to keep the conversation alive.:D

jesse's mommy
June 19th, 2006, 06:34 PM
That's also the reason why I made so many polls last summer.. Just to keep the conversation alive.:D

So what's stopping you now? I wasn't here last summer so I need my poll fix! :D

Prin
June 20th, 2006, 02:24 AM
I ran out of topics.:D

dtbmnec
June 20th, 2006, 07:03 AM
I only post when I know I have something to contribute. I mean I'm not going to try and answer dog questions since I've figured out that I know NOTHING about them (well compared to you guys anyway). I like to leave things to the experts :)

I do like to post sarcastically/jokingly/in a smart*** kind of way though (go whips and leather!). At the very least I tend to try to dispel any kind of tension in a particular thread...I happen to be the random joke person who knows and issue is serious but periodically dispels tension through jokes in my circle of friends. I guess that transfers to my online dealings as well; sometimes it works better than others too.

Megan

Prin
June 20th, 2006, 01:36 PM
I think you don't have to know much about dogs to contribute to dog conversations. Everybody has either an anecdote or a bit of knowledge that others don't have on certain topics and that's always helpful- even if it was your cousin's neighbor's girlfriend's sister's dog.:)