Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another weekend of rain in Montreal??

technodoll
June 16th, 2006, 12:39 PM
sorry but WTF?? :mad: third one in a row... :mad: anybody else upset about it? i'm sick and tired of renting movies and cleaning my house!! where's the summer fun?

Puppyluv
June 16th, 2006, 12:41 PM
WHAT??? NOOOOOOOO
But it's so nice today!
At least I'm working on saturday... It will be warm though, not one of those freezing cold rain days, but still.. :sad: I WANT SUMMER!!!!!

lewisw
June 16th, 2006, 12:55 PM
I heard 31 for Sunday.
So it will be a HOT fathers day !!!!:)

technodoll
June 16th, 2006, 12:57 PM
where are you located, lewis? :)

poodletalk
June 16th, 2006, 01:01 PM
On the five day weather forecast, it's suppose to start raining this afternoon and it won't stop till Tuesday.

Lewis: The weather forecast says for Sunday: plus 26 but with thunder showers!

Rick C
June 16th, 2006, 01:18 PM
We're getting the same treatment out here . . . .

South of Calgary, in the communities of Okotoks and High River (birthplace of Joe Clark!!!), flood warnings have been issued as the Sheep and Highwood Rivers threaten to go over their banks. I was in both places yesterday afternoon and its looking nasty.

You might remember the massive flooding at this same time in those communities last year.

Its been raining heavily for days here on the arid prairie.

We live 10 minutes west of Okotoks.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

lewisw
June 16th, 2006, 01:44 PM
where are you located, lewis? :)
Hi technodoll,
I live in DDO and work in Town But now they changed the weather again ...
Accuweather.com states now....
Sunday, Jun 18
A blend of sun and clouds with a shower or thunderstorm possible; humid. Winds from the SW at 25 kph. High: 30 C RealFeel: 30 C
Sunday Night: Partly cloudy and humid. Winds from the SW at 14 kph. Low: 18 C RealFeel: 18 C

Oh well can still swim unless there is thundershowers :)
I'm so curious to see if Dani likes the water !!!!
It's almost quitting time !!!!
Lewis

Prin
June 16th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Technodoll, where do you get your forecasts? Environment Canada says tomorrow it's partly cloudy with a 60% chance of showers (not rain, just showers here and there) and Sunday is sunny, hot and humid. Sounds ok to me.:) (A little too hot though)

Here: http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/city/pages/qc-147_metric_e.html

technodoll
June 16th, 2006, 01:59 PM
From The Weather Network: http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cities/can/Pages/CAQC0363.htm

god i hope they're wrong... :eek:

Prin
June 16th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Yeah, the weather network's forecasts are always much rainier than EC's.:confused:

technodoll
June 16th, 2006, 02:09 PM
man, how hard is it to get the reports coherent, LOL! on the radio they say one thing, and then another depending on the channel you're listening to, and on the web it's 5 different forecasts on 5 different websites, and don't even bother with the TV channels... what's a person to do when trying to plan outside activities? oh yeah... buy a raincoat and a canoe... :party:

Prin
June 16th, 2006, 02:14 PM
lol and don't listen to any one forecast more than once... They change by the hour! It's not like we can't see the weather coming either- I mean, we're not near mountains or the ocean; nothing comes out of nowhere here.:rolleyes:

Sometimes, I look at the satellite images (all 110) moving and see what is coming. With all their stats and mathy things, I think they overcomplicate things. You just watch what one band of cloud did over the past 36 hours or whatever they have and then guess what's going to happen next. (btw, if you want to try it, choose the medium IR+visible of Eastern Canada- it's the best... The large ones don't move... Here: http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/satellite/index_e.html )

oh, I just looked at it and yeah, it's probably going to rain.

lewisw
June 16th, 2006, 02:38 PM
I still like www.acuweather.com for my DDO forecasts :)
Lewis

Prin
June 17th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Well, it's not raining (yet) but it sure is crappy anyway.:rolleyes:

technodoll
June 17th, 2006, 07:19 PM
but... yayyy! it didn't rain! and the clouds have moved on a bit... soooo humid though, uggghhh. dreading tomorrow, must get out of the city or cook in the cement, LOL! but it didn't rain! so booo to the weather network, what do they know eh? :cool:

meb999
June 17th, 2006, 10:17 PM
i'm sick and tired of renting movies and cleaning my house!!

you're more than welcome to come and clean mine :D http://bestsmileys.com/cleaning/5.gif http://bestsmileys.com/cleaning/6.gif http://bestsmileys.com/cleaning/9.gif

technodoll
June 17th, 2006, 10:33 PM
marie-eve, you kill me! where do you get such amazing emoticons? LOL LOL LOL! i'm afraid to say i'm too tired to come clean your house, i did most of mine today yeeechchh WHERE does all this dirt come from?? :eek:

Frenchy
June 18th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Yes Marie-Eve,too cute!Yesterday I did the cleaning,the laundry,the lawn.My weedtrimmer has no cord left so I did it "manually" (bad idea for my back) so today is ; pool,pool and some more pool!:p

Writing4Fun
June 18th, 2006, 10:20 AM
I hope it rains for next week's F1 race (Schumacher is great in the rain, and Ferrari can use all the help they can get this season ;) ).

Have they decided whether or not they're going to let the stores open on St. Jean Baptiste? I know there was a big brou-ha-ha over all the lost tourism revenue...

Prin
June 18th, 2006, 12:03 PM
omg it's soooo hot!
http://bestsmileys.com/undersun/3.gif

Puppyluv
June 18th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Writing4fun- so far as I can tell, they have decided to let each store decide if they want to be open. Malls, I'm not sure about. But I have a friend who works at two stand-alone clothing stores and one will be open and the other closed, both due to the choice of the owner/manager.

Frenchy
June 18th, 2006, 06:05 PM
My poor dogs,still not going in the kiddie pool (or the bigger one) ,if only they knew how good they would feel.

technodoll
June 18th, 2006, 06:16 PM
good lord if i could have a kiddie pool here, they would lay in it and try to fall asleep and probably drown, LOL :p Right now they're in the bedroom, only place in our apt with A/C... snoozing away. at least they had a nice romp outside today, swam (my little girl's first time in the water, and she did so good! she can swim!) and ran around, so momma's guilt is somewhat eased. I now know why they call this "the dog days of summer"! :rolleyes:

lewisw
June 18th, 2006, 06:26 PM
whats the consensus for a dog in a swimming pool ?
I was cooling off in my pool and Dani kept going onto the first stair and lapping at the water. Now that can;t be good casue of the chlorine.

However he tail was wagging a mile a minute at the water and I think she wanted me to take her in.

Any ideas on what chlorine can do ? I'd rather just wet her with the hose ort keep her in the house which is cool.
Lewis

Puppyluv
June 18th, 2006, 06:39 PM
LOL i have a kiddie pool on my balcony.. it takes up the entire thing. I don't think my neighbours are too impressed :p

As per swimming in a chlorinated pool, you're right, it's not the BEST thing in the world. But tonnes of people do let their doggies swim in the water and they drink it and are fine. Technically when we swim we swallow some water too, just not as much. I'm not sure if it will happen with pool water, but with salt water, if the dog drinks enough, it'll just puke it all up. A dog's eyes, nose and ears are more sensitive than a human's and as such may be a tad more susceptible to the effects of chlorine. I wouldn't want the dog to drink large amounts of chlorine.

glasslass
June 18th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Just rinse them after! Our City officials claim our chlorinated water is totally safe! (But we drink bottled water!)

Prin
June 19th, 2006, 02:17 PM
My poor dogs,still not going in the kiddie pool (or the bigger one) ,if only they knew how good they would feel.
Do you know how many times I've told Boo that? He doesn't get it either.:rolleyes:

Frenchy
June 19th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Yep,I tried everything,treats in the middle of the pool,toys,myself splashing around (I looked pretty stupid!) letting the water get dirty :p I took one of Sam's paw yesterday and put it in the pool,wow,he was sooo disgusted!But when we walk in the woods in there's puddles of dirty,muddy water,do they keep away?nooooooooo,well,Sam does,he thinks he's a :king: !

phoenix
June 19th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Lewis I couldn't keep my Sam out of the pool if I tried. We have an inground and on hot days he takes himself for a swim. Usually he goes to one side, drops in his ball, watches it bob around for a while, then runs over to the stairs, jumps in and 'fetches'... it's nice to have a dog that entertains himself ! haha.
Maia just stands on the stairs and dips her face in. She doesn't like to swim but does like to splash around!
I have never had a problem (other than black hair in the filter)

technodoll
June 19th, 2006, 08:39 PM
phoenix... will you adopt me? :o

phoenix
June 19th, 2006, 08:50 PM
come on over, i'm all alone for the month of june!

technodoll
June 19th, 2006, 08:59 PM
wooohooo!

http://claudia79.tripod.com/photos/woohoo.jpg

Prin
June 20th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Um, technodoll, that skirt length is soooo out now. :rolleyes: