Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

fattest dog in the world (not for the faint of heart)

technodoll
June 15th, 2006, 11:20 PM
ok there are two... i have no words for these poor sweeties... i mean there is gross negligence, and there is abuse :sad:

i will never again complain that my two fit furkids are "too thin"!! :mad:

http://img1.travelblog.org/Photos/1535/9343/f/37160-The-fattest-dog-in-the-world-0.jpg

http://media3.guzer.com/pictures/fat_dog.jpg

mafiaprincess
June 15th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Watched vet techs on discovery a few months back JRT that rolled more than walked, and it wheezed. 2 mcd's cheeseburgers a day 5 days a week. WTF.

Lissa
June 15th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Oh no those poor dogs... There is a dog near my place that looks like that - the owners take her swimming for 3-5 minutes whenever they feel like it...they forced her to jump off the dock once and she actually sank for a bit:sad: They stood there laughing.

It must be a pretty awful existence for those poor dogs!

lpn169
June 15th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Loved to death? That is abuse if you ask me.

LavenderRott
June 15th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Good God! That first one looks like a pot-bellied pig.

Prin
June 16th, 2006, 12:31 AM
:sad: I know a dog whose owner drove to California from here, forgot the food, so fed McD the whole way. His lab is about 11 months now and can barely stand. :(

mafiaprincess
June 16th, 2006, 02:07 AM
Cause there's no where along the way that would sell kibble or anything yeesh.

Last agility school Cider wouldn't work for cheese. Was asked if people food was okay trainer got her to snap to it right fast.. Couldn't tell what it was. Sure was a small McDs nugget piece.. I am not buying my dog her own. She can have a fry or two if she's willing. She does not get her own meal..

We talked treats on another board. Lot of people gave their dogs a nugget 6 pack just cause. A burger for being good at the vet. I nearly died... I limit how much junk I eat for my tummy and my wallet.. I'd rather take an easily breakable treat and feed it in little pieces so she's getting 'more' The like few minutes of tiny rewards than gulping a burger down..

Puppyluv
June 16th, 2006, 09:13 AM
that's horrible. There is a man who lives near with me with a dalmation that is so fat it looks like a giant sausage. It Is so big that the tension gives it visible hemerhoids, and it's tail can't hang down. Dal's are supposed to be very slim dogs, and seeing one so fat it can barely walk, let alone run, is truly upsetting. :(

erykah1310
June 16th, 2006, 12:56 PM
That is soooooo sad! Puppy was on his way to that, thankfully i got him in time. THose poor dogs!!!! There must be laws against over feeding a dog to that extent!
Poor pups! think of the pain they endure everyday when they try to walk.
Some people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

doggy lover
June 16th, 2006, 03:25 PM
LR that is the first thing that came to my mind too, the first one really looks like a pot bellied pig. Poor things, I really do feel sorry for them.

Stacer
June 16th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Awww, poor pups. Is it possible to get dogs that big down to a reasonable weight?

Sneaky
June 17th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Hi there,
I knew a man who owned a Rottweiler.
Over the 4-5 first years of its life, he got that dog
up to 285 pounds!!!!
He could barely walk.
2 years later at the age of 7, the dog died of a massive
heart attack.

I dont know why people would feed their dogs mcdonalds food.
I wont even eat it, not when a single cheeseburger has over 40 grams
of fat! Nope, wont touch the stuff.
Watch the documentaries "Supersize Me" and "Fast Food Nation".
I swear youll never touch a mc grease burger again.

LibbyP
June 17th, 2006, 11:32 PM
You hear time and time again 'How can people stop feeding their pets, thats so cruel and in humane' really if you look at this what is the difference? What kind of life are these poor pets living? In humane, cruel yes indeed I see no difference:sad: :sad: :sad: Oh I have watched 'Supersize Me' what an eye opener gross

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 17th, 2006, 11:33 PM
That is sad - Joey could get like that if I let him - but I wont - he got a few treats today because its his birthday - but tommorow we are going for our big walk and back on our fitness regime. Him and me that is :D

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
June 17th, 2006, 11:38 PM
People who let their dogs get that fat should be charged with cruelty to animals.

LibbyP
June 17th, 2006, 11:44 PM
my thoughts exactly:sad: :sad: :sad:

Prin
June 18th, 2006, 12:27 AM
must be the kibble.
http://bestsmileys.com/signs8/12.gif

Seriously, it is abuse. Whatever they did to get the dogs that fat.. I mean that's morbidly and probably irreversibly obese.

My old lab was such a fatty and there was nothing we could do about it, but she wasn't that fat.

LM1313
June 18th, 2006, 12:46 AM
I saw a yellow lab on another board (Chazhound) that was almost as fat as these dogs, I think. It made me sick thinking about the poor thing. Luckily it was adopted by someone who runs a doggy "spa" with swimming, so he is swimming his way down to a healthier weight.

Those poor dogs . . . the one looks like a pig with a dog's head.

BTW, Guiness book of world records no longer records heaviest pets so that it won't encourage people to overfeed their animals. I can just imagine!!

~LM~

chicobabymom
June 18th, 2006, 02:41 AM
They say pet owners resemble their pets, are they (the owners) happy looking like this:eek: I'm sure these poor souls are not happy:angel:

Frenchy
June 18th, 2006, 10:24 AM
It is animal abuse!Last november,when I picked up Sam at the pound (was supposed to only foster him) my jaw dropped.He's suppose to be a golden but was as large as a great pyrenees,103 pounds,had problem to get in the car,hind legs dragging.He's loosing some weight now,not fast enought as I wished.But his hind legs are doing much better.Those poor dogs probably can no longer walk.

Writing4Fun
June 18th, 2006, 11:44 AM
I met a pug recently who was not as big as these dogs but he was certainly the biggest (percentage wise to breed standard) dog I've ever met personally. He could barely walk, waddled was more like it. His wheezing and snorting was so pronounced - even when he was standing still - that Phoebe was actually afraid of him. He couldn't even keep up with his owners when they walked away, they had to keep turning around to call him to hurry up. The owner would let go of his leash, saying "It's ok. He's too lazy to go too far." I felt so bad for the poor guy. He looked so uncomfortable! Like his skin was stretched too tightly. :(