Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

JOB # 3!!!! And its THE one!!!

erykah1310
June 15th, 2006, 08:09 PM
I went into work at the bakery today, when i pulled into town, i couldnt get my truck into gear anymore!!! I had to shut it off put it in second and slowly drive to work. After my shift, I called my roadside and they sent a towtruck, so Danger Ranger gets on the tow truck and Im shooting the **** with the driver and my cell goes off. I dont recognize the number and I answer.... The next line still makes me shake! lol

"I am so and so from Hydro One, Are you still interested in the meter reader position you applied for?""
YES!!! YES YES!!!
I start on monday!!! Sorry bakery and construction!!!!

LibbyP
June 15th, 2006, 08:19 PM
YYYYYA HHHHOOO for you erykah1310:highfive: I guess #3 is the lucky charm, how awesome, I hope I have the same luck when I finally go back out into the work field after being off for 6yrs:fingerscr

raingirl
June 15th, 2006, 08:29 PM
What kind of bakery job did you do? I'm looking to get into that.

Puppyluv
June 15th, 2006, 08:35 PM
YAY!!! Congratulations!!!!!!http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/1.gif

jesse's mommy
June 15th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Woo Hoo! Happy Dance! http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/11.gif

Shamrock
June 15th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Congratulations!! Good luck with this new job, you must be thrilled :thumbs up

technodoll
June 15th, 2006, 10:23 PM
wow that is awesome! congratulations, whooohooo!

:crazy:

erykah1310
June 15th, 2006, 10:30 PM
I still cant believe it!!! IM IN SHOCK!!!!!

I was working at the loeb. its all prebaked, frozen, really easy. I had experience with scratch baking which was much more fun raingirl.

BoxerRescueMTL
June 15th, 2006, 10:49 PM
That's really cool! Congratulations!!!

glasslass
June 15th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Yea!
http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/1.gif

Prin
June 16th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Yey!! lol But I'm not going to wake up to a thread "Job #4 ROCKS!" am I? lol Even if I do.. :highfive:

(just leave some jobs for the rest of us eh?)

CyberKitten
June 16th, 2006, 04:15 AM
Congratulations!!! Do you get to sample the products? :)
Seriously, I hope you enjoy it!!!

chico2
June 16th, 2006, 07:57 AM
WOW,Erykah you are one very much "wanted"person,congratshttp://bestsmileys.com/clapping/1.gif

erykah1310
June 16th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Yey!! lol But I'm not going to wake up to a thread "Job #4 ROCKS!" am I?
OH no Prin!!! This IS THE job!!!! I applied for it almost a year ago,gonna have benefits, part of a union, and even..... A pension later on! This is basically my dream job!!! Outdoors, travelling, and the whole 9! I am so excited still!
The money is going to be crazy good and a company truck!!! ( Sorry to the danger ranger lol, and in a few months well approx 5, im getting my dream car...... A tiburon!!! Finally things are going my way!!!!
My dad was so stoked last nite when i called him, he said " (insert appropriate curse here) off, You got cash for life???" lol, he was jittery on the phone with me!
Everyone was taken by the news! (except the b/f, I will be making more $$ than him now. He knows that I wont put up with any bs from him, so he has to change!

Prin
June 16th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Yey!! That's great. Great benefits!

So you'll be bringing all the steaks for the pets.ca weekend then?:D :evil:

erykah1310
June 16th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Sure why not !!!! LOL

Frenchy
June 16th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Woohoooo!Congrats to you.So now BF is better be super nice :D

Stacer
June 16th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Congrats! :thumbs up You want to send some of that good luck my way? I need my dream job too.

Puppyluv
June 17th, 2006, 01:49 AM
So you'll be bringing all the steaks for the pets.ca weekend then?:D :evil:
WHAT?? WHEN??? Why wasn't I invited???
Ok.. so I'll take my steak marinagted in beer and garlic and medium rare, and layla will take hers rare, with a fish on the side... thanks :D

erykah1310
June 17th, 2006, 11:41 AM
I technically wasnt invited either, i guess y'all are really wanting some steaks! lol.

Woohoooo!Congrats to you.So now BF is better be super nice
He doesnt like the idea of me having this job, but boo to you buddy!!!
He knows that now there can be no crap! stresses him out i think,

LibbyP
June 17th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Good it should keep him on pins and needles for awhile. Shape up of ship out buddy,now that you can stand on your own two feet, too darn bad for him;), Oh and with the steak a) I wasn't invited -but that's okay:sad: could we make it a surf and steak - lobster or salmon sure would be yummy to go with

jesse's mommy
June 17th, 2006, 05:11 PM
I'll bring the snacks. Let me know the date so I can make flight arrangements. :D

Prin
June 17th, 2006, 05:18 PM
WHAT?? WHEN??? Why wasn't I invited???
Ok.. so I'll take my steak marinagted in beer and garlic and medium rare, and layla will take hers rare, with a fish on the side... thanks :D
No, you weren't supposed to find out! Raw feeders aren't invited because of the risk of contaminating everybody with your salmonella.

KIDDING!!! :crazy: :crazy: (It's a joke based on a thread that the Animal ER here wouldn't treat raw fed dogs, remember?)

No beer on my steak.. Just "Opa Spice" on mine (it's either a 6th hairy old man member of the Spice Girls, or my grandfather's secret mélange of 16 herbs and spices).

I'll bring some drinks (à la non-alcoholic).:D

erykah1310
June 18th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Just "Opa Spice" on mine (it's either a 6th hairy old man member of the Spice Girls,
Thats friggen funny Prin!! LOL

Stacer
June 19th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Seriously tho, why hasn't there ever been a Pets.ca bbq? We could have one for those in the western half of the country and one for the eastern half, same in the US. I noticed it gets joked around about alot and everyone puts in their order (by the way I'd like a thick one medium-well maybe with cracked pepper, and a baked potato with the works). It would be a good time, there are lots of funny people here.

erykah1310
June 19th, 2006, 11:47 AM
A pets.ca weekend would be great, we should seriously consider one in the next year or so. make it neutral. Could be a real hoot!!!

Prin
June 19th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Yeah but all the cool people are on the opposite side of the country from all of us.:D

Stacer
June 19th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Well then, we'll have to all go to Manitoba and meet at some random place. Have a giant BBQ with everyone, so the cool west coasters can hang with us not so cool easterners:D Is there anyone from Manitoba on here?

erykah1310
June 19th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Id go to Manitoba. Would be fun! I dont think there are any members here from there though.

jesse's mommy
June 19th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Where's Manitoba? Do I need a passport?

Frenchy
June 19th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Yeah,I know a middle place...Sherrington!You could all bring your camping gear.Jesse's mommy,it's in :ca: I'll call the :queen: to see if YOU need a passport!Will you bring Mattew with you?:p

jesse's mommy
June 19th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Will you bring Mattew with you?:p

Nope, I won't let you all get your :pawprint: on him! He's mine, all mine and I don't share! :evil:

LibbyP
June 19th, 2006, 09:53 PM
WHAT< WHAT:eek: :fingerscr we have an arrangement you and I and Matthew, is the party on a weekend? Oh is that my day with Johnny, I forgot to write it on the calendar?

Puppyluv
June 19th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Manitoba? MMMMMMM noooooo.. How many of you have actually had the pleasure of visiting that bug-infested province in the summer?
Oooh we have a "cabin" in the mountains in BC- no pool, but hot tub for us(it gets cool at night, so hot tubs are good all year round there), and rivers and streams for the fur butts
Or if we're not into the whole travel to the west thing, we have a cabin in the gaspe, it has a pool that only those that can't feel temperatures (and the fur butts) will love.

erykah1310
June 19th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Manitoba? MMMMMMM noooooo.. How many of you have actually had the pleasure of visiting that bug-infested province in the summer?

LOL i havent but i take it you are yet to visit my neck of the woods lol, ontarios provincial bird is the mosquito!! lol, Around here they are the size of small helicopters :D
Bugs are something that i have come accustomed too. It sucks i know but what cha gonna do right??

Prin
June 20th, 2006, 02:00 AM
Well, Puppyluv's got cottages alllll over.
Well...
um...
Well, I have a shed in my yard that people can stay in and a kiddie pool for the furries and young'ns. :D

I say we go to the rockies. If we're gonna drag Jesse's mommy up from florida, it might as well be for the best thing we have (IMO).