Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

disgusting post:trade dog for a cell phone!!

lezzpezz
June 15th, 2006, 02:58 PM
I am in total shock and disbelief! Here it is and you can go on the site, contact this loser yourself and let her have it! What an insensitive boob! I am at a loss for words and haven't a clue how to reply to this idiot, but I will!
Found on www.london.kijiji.ca under dogs > exchange, top left column:

maltese pups for a mobile phone(nokia 6111) :mad: :mad: :mad:

hi am wanting a phone to exchange with a puppy.this puppy is potty trainned,deworm in its vaccines and all shots taken akc and ckc registered so interested persons should get back for more and pics.

Category: pets > exchange
Ad ID: 4797336
Date Listed: 15-Jun-06

mafiaprincess
June 15th, 2006, 03:08 PM
I've posted before that that site has more whacked post involving pets than any I've seen. Far more 'Need chi pup for june 16th, any colour, under 100 bucks' than anywhere else...

lezzpezz
June 15th, 2006, 03:14 PM
I am probably too angry to be replying, but I am working on it!

Are you for real? You would trade a living animal that loves you to death for a freakin' hunk of plastic? That's cold. If you need someone to take this dog for you and find it a good safe and loving home, please contact me, as I have several contacts that work with animals rescues or foster capacity, and I am with the London Dog Owners Association, so your dog would find the best possible home and not end up in the wrong hands. Be careful who you "give" your dog to. You paid good $$ for it and have had it taken to the vet for proper care, so don't just hand it over to the first person that contacts you with a phone. Be wary of whom you select to take this dog.

I'd like to add, "not that you care....."

technodoll
June 15th, 2006, 03:15 PM
:sorry: to all those poor pets stuck with moron idiot owners... :sorry:

meb999
June 15th, 2006, 03:19 PM
grrrrrr, so many stupid people...grrrrr.....http://bestsmileys.com/frustrated/7.gif

lezzpezz
June 15th, 2006, 03:23 PM
I'm sure Kijiji will soon deny me access as I am all over many of these pet posts offering "guidance". Let's see if I get an answer.

I know of a lady who spent oodles of money, not once but TWICE! on puppymill mutts, and both died shortly after purchase. The Humane Society is investigating. I am sure that she may be interested in this poor pup, and I mentioned this to the poster, but of course, papers and health records are a must. I doubt I will hear from this turkey, but worth a shot....

lezzpezz
June 15th, 2006, 03:29 PM
don't worry about the misguided lady who lost the 2 dogs...HS shed some light on the purchasing of byb dogs....and she and I have had some "conversations" about it. She is much wiser, poorer, sadder than before and I believe her heart is full of love to give to a dog, but it will only ever be a healthy vet checked dog from here on in. :o

Prin
June 15th, 2006, 06:48 PM
That is certainly disgusting!!! No way would I trade Boo or Jemma for anything less than a house or maybe a new car.;)

(I'm kidding, eh?)

LibbyP
June 15th, 2006, 07:26 PM
I'm right there with ya Prin... but it'd have to be a really nice house that came with a car and maybe some $$ thrown in HEE HEE HEE;)

jesse's mommy
June 15th, 2006, 08:16 PM
And a pool...

mummummum
June 15th, 2006, 08:23 PM
...and the return of dawgies of course ! They were only loaners.

Frenchy
June 15th, 2006, 08:23 PM
And lots of money to buy back the dogs!!;)

Frenchy
June 15th, 2006, 08:24 PM
mummmum,we posted same answer,same time:thumbs up

jesse's mommy
June 15th, 2006, 08:30 PM
And Matthew McConaughey as a love slave....

Frenchy
June 15th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Jessie's mommy!!!:eek: naughty girl ...;)

jesse's mommy
June 15th, 2006, 08:42 PM
And would you object to that??? :evil:

Frenchy
June 15th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Me?:angel: I would never do such a thing. :p

LibbyP
June 15th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Oh Crap can I throw in Matthew McConaughey as well? YYYYYUUMMMMMY:D Oh crap forgot about him.... Johnny Depp yup technodoll he's YYYUUUMMY also. Kinda funny how this post changed from a stupid owner that shouldn't have a dog or a phone to yummy love slaves HEE HEE HEE

technodoll
June 15th, 2006, 09:20 PM
sorry but... he is one of the most repulsive actors i have ever seen! :yuck: you can all have him, LOL! me, i'll keep johnny depp, for example... :p

Prin
June 16th, 2006, 12:05 AM
After seeing Matt with his dog on Op's, I'm a fan too. He was talking about his old dog and doing all he could to not well up.:love:

But Depp wins for sure.

Technodoll, have you seen the French movie "Ils se marierent et eurent beaucoup d'enfants"? lol If that's the title (if not, it's something like that...) He's in it and speaks some French... Ooh la la!:D

But yeah, the moral of the story is that a dog is definitely worth more than a cell phone. DEFINITELY. Infinitely.:)

technodoll
June 16th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Technodoll, have you seen the French movie "Ils se marierent et eurent beaucoup d'enfants"? lol If that's the title (if not, it's something like that...) He's in it and speaks some French...

oooo non, i have not! i'll definitely have to look it up.. he's one of those few "physical" actors that doesn't need to speak to act... and the older he gets, the more he's delicious... like fine wine. he could eat crackers in my bed anytime! :p

however... my most, bestest, favorite hottie of all time is... dave gahan, for a million and two reasons :o

(and sorry for the threadjack, i'll stop now!)

Frenchy
June 16th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Yesterday adds on french kijiji;someone wants a Pentium3 in exchange of a maltese puppy.:mad: Guys,get in line for Johnny Depp,I want in!Jesse's mommy is scaring me,I think I will leave Matthew to her!

LibbyP
June 16th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Okay keep my name in for Johnny, but... I WANT everyother day with Matthew, sorry Jesse's mommy you'll have to share:D

jesse's mommy
June 16th, 2006, 05:43 PM
How about every other weekend? :D I don't like sharing. :evil:

LibbyP
June 17th, 2006, 10:39 AM
OKAY OKAY OKAY I'll give you Mon - Fri but I get EVERY weekend, I might even settle for every Sat am till Sun after dinner, how does this sound, deal or no deal?:thumbs up

jesse's mommy
June 17th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Hmmmmm, let me think about that one because there is something about the weekends. Hmmmmmmm.....

lezzpezz
June 18th, 2006, 10:16 AM
And she is interested in my offer to see if my acquaintance would be interested, for cash, no less, in adopting this dog....

Guess no one else was overly willing to trade up!

here's her reply.....to which I have already responded that I would contact this other lady and see if she is interested or not....

"hello theres no problem in that if she is interested just tell her about me and i will take money too if she will want to adopt my pup so get back asap."

I'll keep you posted as to what happens next.....;)

LibbyP
June 18th, 2006, 10:27 AM
:crazy: :crazy: woman, like I said before, she shouldn't have a dog or a phone:crazy: :crazy: woman

Maxine
June 18th, 2006, 07:19 PM
I answered this...lady, but I didnt put my white gloves like LezzPezz, but still I just couldn't say anything else, loss of words...( when im mad, i think in french :D )

i said: this is completely irresponsible and extremely sad to see.
she kindly answered: "you ediot it does not concern u"

Well, I couldn't expect much from that....lady anyways.:eek:

Maxine

Puppyluv
June 18th, 2006, 07:56 PM
I emailed her with a "shame on you" message on the 15th... still no reply:D

lezzpezz
June 19th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Figured if I were to get anywhere with her, I would have to be "nice" and gently offer solution instead of bashing her. She has emailed me 2x since and is willing to accept cash to cover the costs of her vet expenditures. That makes me much more comfortable. She also has the appropriate documentation for the dog from both the breeder and the vet. Seems on the up and up although sadly misguided in her method of rehoming this dog. I just have to contact the other person to see if she is interested in possibly adopting this dog. The "fee" is $210, to cover medical expenditures and I am agreeable to that, as opposed to a phone as payment. How she spends the money is her business after that.....just trying the best for the dog.

I am certain she got a few interesting replies to her post for this dog.....:D