Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rant for today, I must be mellowing

doggy lover
June 15th, 2006, 02:38 PM
I guess I'm mellowing with age. I was in Wal-mart today and went in the shoe section to look at flip flops and as I turned a corner there were quite a few people in the isle and I bumped into one of those bench things. There was a pair of shoes on it and they happen to fall off, so I went to pick them up and this woman goes balistic on me. She says "What is wrong with you people, why would you bang into things." I said sorry it was an accident. She says "no it wasn't can't you see these shoes are delicate. Are you crazy or something?" I said no but you are and walked away. A sales girl just looked at me and kind of laughed, the woman kept going on, I just kept walking. I think someone must have s--- in her cornflakes today or something.
Now if I had been in a bad mood she would have gotten a few words tossed at her too. I felt like asking if the shoes were breathing and it they felt pain, hell they are only a pair of shoes and they fell maybe a foot to the floor:eek: Then as she went on I would have said hey lady don't P-ss me off or I rip of your f---ing head and spit down your throat.:evil: But I was the bigger person and walked away, from a fight for once in my life:angel: Maybe I'm turning over a new leaf, hell I hope not I like a good fight:evil:

technodoll
June 15th, 2006, 02:43 PM
oh man... ya gotta feel sorry for people who think shoes are "fragile"... were they made of bone china? spun sugar? meant for a museum display? i dunno what i would have said, prolly just walked away too cuz some situations are too retarded to get involved in, period! :eek:

jawert1
June 15th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Sounds like that lady had more issues than a newsstand, you weren't gonna get through that brick wall ;)

Puppyluv
June 15th, 2006, 03:18 PM
LOL Jawert, good one!
Good for you for not going ballistic on her. I probably would have given her one of those "oh my god, where are you from?" looks... you know, jaw sort of dropped, eyes open wide, and then just started laughing.... these people are so nuts you have to laugh. otherwise they take too much energy.

jesse's mommy
June 15th, 2006, 04:27 PM
I didn't know Walmart sold high quality fragile shoes. :rolleyes:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 15th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Walmart hey - mass produced goods sold for cheap - they most likely came from a shoe mill -

I hope you gave them a hug after knocking them off the bench. :D Also has that lady seems so concerned about those shoes perhaps she could sit on the bench in walmart all day and make sure they are kept safe. :D

Puppyluv
June 15th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Who knows what she'll do the first time she wears them ~GASP~ outside!:eek: She may have to go back to walmart and get another $20 pair of shoes in case her first pair gets dirty.