Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello everyone

Doodle Bug
June 15th, 2006, 02:09 PM
I am a proud momma of 2 wonderful female dogs, 1 Lutino Lovebird 1 Budgie and 7 Finches. However, I must admit that my dogs have a very warm place in my heart! I am new to this site and it is so much fun to read about other pet owners who share their love for their pets as much as I do.

Kamps, who will be 3 years old on July 23rd is our "big girl now". She is a x of Akita, Chow Chow, Terrier and Golden Retriever. She is full of fur, fun and love. She volunteers and shares her puppy love with residents who live in a home where my dad is (physically challenged). Not only does she brings smiles and glee to grandpa but to all the other folks as well. Despite her size (100 lbs and 36 inches high) and full of fur she is gentle and kind.

Brandee, our newest addition to our family, is 7 weeks old. She is a x of Husky and Bouvier. Right now she is giving Kamps a run for her money. They are getting along very well and Kamps has adopted her as her own. Brandee imitates Kamps' every move. Even though Brandee is small and cute we always ensure that Kamps continues to receive the same TLC that she has been accustomed to.

Kamps is now showing Brandee the ropes on volunteering. She is also showing Brandee to be gentle with both grandma and grandpa, who both have recently been phycically challenged.

I guess by now you have gathered that I love my four legged girls.

Thank you for letting me share this with you. Have a good day everyone.

technodoll
June 15th, 2006, 02:21 PM
welcome to the forum! your lovebugs all sound lovely, photos are always welcomed here :)

i also do pet therapy with my 2 akitas, there's just something about the human/ animal bond that is so healing, and it is immensely rewarding to see the light come into people's eyes when they see a gentle creature they can pet and get kissed by.

(just a small ps... a dog's height is measured from the top of the withers (shoulders) straight down to the ground... a 36" dog would fall into the "huge great dane" category, LOL!) My male akita is 110 lbs, very thin though, and measures a tad under 28" at the withers. He is tall for an intact boy.

:crazy:

Doodle Bug
June 16th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Thank you for your welcome. I am working on how to download the pictures and will introduce my fur family to you shortly.

Doodle Bug
June 16th, 2006, 11:43 AM
This is Kamps.

Doodle Bug
June 16th, 2006, 11:45 AM
This is Brandee.

Puppyluv
June 16th, 2006, 12:04 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/9.gif
beautiful dogs you have! have any more pics?? :D:D

Doodle Bug
June 16th, 2006, 12:45 PM
This is Brandee & hubby waiting for me patiently. Brandee has found her place next to Kamps in the back seat. A few more to come.

Can you share your pics too!

Doodle Bug
June 16th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Our girls taking a break from our long walk on the mountain.

Doodle Bug
June 16th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Brandee supervising our renovations!

glasslass
June 16th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Cute fur-babies! Brandee will have to wait til she can reach the foot pedals to drive!

Frenchy
June 16th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Beautiful dogs you have!Welcome to this forum.:)