Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Gomez's Oscar worthy performance...

gomez
June 14th, 2006, 03:28 PM
So we're coming out of the park yesterday afternoon, it's 85 degrees, very humid and we've had a long walk...

As he sometimes does, Gomez does a Ghandi sit down protest, he doesn't want to leave the park. So this lady walks by and says, in that tone,

lady: "OOOOh poor puppy, he wants to be picked up... why are you making him walk in this heat, you should carry him..."

me: "oh no, he just doesn't want to leave the park, plus one of his friends has just walked by..." (in the meantime Gomez is settling into a down)

lady: "couldn't you take him back to the park then, poor little guy, you should take him back"

me: "we have been out all afternoon and we're going home" (cue the loud whining)

lady: "well why don't I take him, if you don't want to, I will, he obviously doesn't want to go home"

me: "no, thanks, I don't even know you, he is going home!"

At this point Gomez lifts his little head and lets out this mighty howl, as if he is being tortured and he is begging for mercy!! Then a few more whines garner a "poor doggie" from the woman...

The woman is looking at me like I am the worst dog owner in the world - finally I get him moving, which looks even worse because he is making himself into a statue, and we start walking towards home as Gomez keeps turning around to give a few lasting looks at her, and yes, she is still looking at me!!

Of course we get home, and he promptly lies on his bed for a 3 hour nap, but not before he made his little scene on the street!!

applause, applause!!

Writing4Fun
June 14th, 2006, 03:45 PM
The little stinker! :evil: But you have to admire his obvious intelligence. :D

Dog Dancer
June 14th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Too funny, dogs are such actors! Shadow likes to put on the brakes and stand still too. Then I have to drag her along (she's too big to carry). Sometimes though she just needs a hug to get her moving:rolleyes: Ah you gotta love the clowns.

Prin
June 14th, 2006, 07:09 PM
What a twit, eh? Jemma limps to get attention and makes me look so neglectful because I don't RUN her to the vet right away. I know she's faking. She even switches paws!!