Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from California

Willow
June 14th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Hi everyone.. I'm new and am just stumbling around checking out the forums. Hopefully, I'm doing this message correctly...

I'm an older woman and my hubby and I live in a sort of country area. Our beloved goldens are AJ (8 yrs) and Bubba (5 yrs)

AJ is the typical golden.. mellow, funny, always wanting to please, always "there".

Bubba is a golden in practically name only. The boy is a product of horrid back yard breeding with just about all the traits that one would not want in a golden.. but it wasn't his fault and we love him dearly. I first held him when he was only a few days old (he was from a C-Section and mamma dog couldn't nurse the pups. Owner said to put them all down..but fortunarely, they were rescued by kind techs and vet.)
I brought Bubba home to be part of our family when he was only 3 weeks old and wouldn't hesitate to do it again if I had the chance.

Thanks for reading all of this..

Frenchy
June 14th, 2006, 11:13 AM
What a nice story!Thanks for taking care of Bubba,he must love you very much.Own by 3 goldens myself,I would love to see a picture of Bubba!

glasslass
June 14th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Welcome fellow Golden-Stater! You will love this forum! Mostly Canadian, but really, the pet-lovers are from all over the world, including California. I'm from the Central Valley.

Willow
June 15th, 2006, 12:19 AM
I don't know how to post pics on this site, so here's
the web pages for both of my boys.

Bubba's page: http://dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=26704

AJ's page : http://dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=26707&j=t

(I hope I did those links correctly.. )

Frenchy, do you have a URL so I can see your goldens?

Glasslass.. Central valley is the hot area, huh? I'm about 8 miles from the coast (as the crow flies).. We had rain today.. *unreal goofy weather!!

chico2
June 15th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Willow,Welcome to the Forum!!
Great sites of AJ and Bubba,beautiful dogs:thumbs up

LibbyP
June 15th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Oh Willow, love the pics of the boys:) Bubba just looks like he's looking for trouble;) , I liked the one where he's asleep with his nose on the bottom step hee hee hee guard dog indeed. And AJ looks very gentle and sweet, love the bad hair month, keep sharing the pics, and welcome to the forum

Frenchy
June 15th, 2006, 11:19 AM
I'm having trouble with the computer at work and coudln't see your pictures :( There is some pictures of tmine in the picture thread, I think it was in Dec or January.I will try to send some this week end,still don't know how to downsize them!:mad:

Willow
June 15th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the nice comments!
I think I firgured out finally how to post a pic on this site.. *whew..

Frenchy, when you open a pic on your computer, look at the top menu for IMAGES and scroll down to click on RESIZE. If you don't find RESIZE there, then while you still have the pic opened, click on all the buttons on the menu and keep looking in them all for the word RESIZE. (practise with a pic that you don't care if you mess up or lose..)

Also, are we supposed to post all pics on the photography board?

Willow

Frenchy
June 15th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the infos,I will try that.You would think at my age I should be better with a computer :confused: Yes,you have to post your pictures in the picture thread.Once in a while we do post pictures in other topics.

Frenchy
June 15th, 2006, 06:58 PM
I saw them!!!They are beautiful dogs.What a wonderful thing you did raising that little puppy!Here's one of my guys.(that was the right size but not so good quality)

cpietra16
June 15th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Willow, welcome aboard. I read Bubba's page and what a wonderful story. There is something I want to ask, almost afraid of the answer...but what happened to Bubba's mom. The poor baby. I almost hope they put her down so she didn't have to have another litter. People are so cruel

Willow
June 15th, 2006, 08:15 PM
LOL.. Oh mygosh, Frenchy.. Where in the world do YOU sit?..
That's sure a housefull of poochies!
I look forward to seeing more pics of them..
If you would like, I can send you a proivate message in detail about how to resize your pics, step by step.. If you have a PC and not a Mac computer.
willow

Frenchy
June 15th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Hum,where do I sit....see the doggie bed beside the couch :D lol,usually Daisy takes the love seat and I run to get a seat on the big couch.Now when I get a foster,it gets a little crowded!I did resize one picture (off topic forum,thread "what do you look like" it came out very small!)

Willow
June 15th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Cpietra,
When the vet did the C-Section, he went ahead and spayed the momma dog.. I think it was without permission from the owner. Everyone in the vet's office was really upset about what the backyard breeder had been doing. The owner had said to put the pups down, but the momma dog lived. I'm assuming the owner kept her.. I really am not sure.. Poor girl was so young and had been forced to have so many litters...

My vet became involved and the one of the tech's from my vet and the groomer from next door took the pups to hand raise them. Out of the three pups, I got one, the groomer took one and my vet's mother took one. Odd, though, they don't look anything alike..

I'm trying to add a recent pic of Bubba to this post. He's like the cartoon character, Pig Pen.. He always looks scruffy and usually has a ring of dirt on his nose from digging for gophers.