Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is she pregnant or did she just have a litter?

Monte
June 13th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Hi there,
This evening I found a pretty rough looking cat and brought her home while I looked for her owner. We live in the middle of nowhere with MANY coyotes so I didn't want to leave her out there. While I was pulling burs off of her I noticed that her nipples were pink and prominant. I went back to where I found her and was listening for babies and didn't hear any? She is pretty thin and very hungry. Is there a way to tell if she is pregnant or if she has just had babies? I am suffering tremendous guilt thinking I took mama away from her litter for the night.
Thanks for any thoughts you might have!

erykah1310
June 13th, 2006, 11:29 PM
When you put your hands under her belly, do you feel "saggy boobs" ( not too technical there am i lol) if not, then i dont think she had kittens that are still nursing.

LibbyP
June 13th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Sorry but right now I'm not full of any answers or suggestions, except do you have an after hours emerg vet that you could phone? Maybe they could help??? This is a hard call, I'd go back out and listen, maybe bring her with you in a carrier let her cry and see(hear) if anyone(babies) answer, if to dark where you found her keep her inside for the night and go check again first thing in the am:fingerscr

Monte
June 14th, 2006, 08:51 AM
I will take her out there this morning!
Thanks

White Wolf
June 14th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Double post. Please try to post one thread in the appropriate forum.