Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Newcomer

Sharron Purdy
June 13th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Hello. I have joined this community because I need to surround myself with like people. My husband and I operate Moosonee Puppy Rescue and we bring dogs down from northern Ontario. We save them from being trapped, shot, abused, neglected, abandoned etc. I recently protested a Quebec Puppy Mill and I now find myself needing to know more about what I can do to stop these horrid places from continuing and selling to pet stores in Ontario. A person can lose their mind if they don't communicate with people who understand the situation.
We have two dogs of our own - Ruth who is my spirit and Huck who is my jester. Huck came down from Attawapiskat and we discovered he had a heart murmur. We had placed him but he was returned because of his health. We thought it best to keep him ourselves as his life span could be 12 - 18 months. Hard knowing this but I believe in him and hope he will live longer. I have attached a picture of Huck so he can be appreciated in his potentially short life.

Frenchy
June 13th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Hi Sharron!You're an :angel: and Huck is soooo cute!He looks pretty young,any pics of Ruth?We love pictures here so feel free to post as many as you want :)

erykah1310
June 13th, 2006, 09:02 PM
He has the most ginormous ears ever!! How sweet! you are an :angel: thats for sure! Welcome to the forums and i look forward to chatting with you one day in the forum.

we3beagles
June 14th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Huck is so precious and beautiful. He may surprise you with his new found reason to live. I know what you mean about being disheartened by the cruelty everyday. If I stop to think about it I start to cry (which does no one any good). We save Beagles in Newfoundland from ignorant hunters that don't see why they should feed a beagle when hunting season is over as opposed to shooting them. They can just get new ones next season. It really wears on you. All you can do is give your own extra lovings and do what you can for the rest. You are an angel.:angel: Welcome.

Willow
June 14th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Huck is darling.. what a little cutie..

dtbmnec
June 14th, 2006, 07:47 AM
He's so cute! Such big ears! All fuzzy like and stuff too!

Hope he lives longer than that 12-18 months...heh especially if he lived out his entire life now wouldn't that be nice? :)

He looks so cuddly...:)

Megan