Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

12 Things You Didn't Know You Didn't Know

heidiho
June 13th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Did you know...

1. It is impossible to lick your elbow.
2. A crocodile can't stick its tongue out.
3. A shrimp's heart is in its head.
4. In a study of 200,000 ostriches, over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand.
5. It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
6. A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
7. More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.
8. Horses can't vomit.
9. The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.
10. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die. And, if you keep your eyes open by force, they can pop out.
11. Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.
12. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.

We didn't think you knew these things you didn't know before reading this message! :-) I'm betting you tried to lick your elbow when you read this!

meb999
June 13th, 2006, 04:06 PM
I so tried to lick my elbow!!! LOL!
I knew #10...but none of the otherS!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 13th, 2006, 04:13 PM
I also heard of you wear socks for thirty days they will stick to your feet.

Anyone want to test out that theroy. :D

Puppyluv
June 13th, 2006, 04:55 PM
After 40 days of not washing your hair, it will start to clean itself and you will have the healthiest cleanest hair you've ever seen.
It's the 38 days after the first 2 that are killer...:yuck:

Shamrock
June 13th, 2006, 05:07 PM
hee-hee.those are cute, Heidi!:crazy:
I actually knew horses couldnt vomit...;)

heidiho
June 13th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Pretty funny,the only one i knew was the elbow one...

Prin
June 13th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Really? Horses can't vomit? When I was way younger, my bro and I were cross country skiing and there was a horse there... My bro fed it his pole (the handle end..) and the horse licked it and started to chew it but then puked all over my bro... (Karma) So what the hey was that then?:o

erykah1310
June 13th, 2006, 10:48 PM
After 40 days of not washing your hair, it will start to clean itself and you will have the healthiest cleanest hair you've ever seen.

IM not about to test that one out!! Imagine how itchy that would be???? :eek:

Melei'sMom
June 14th, 2006, 12:31 AM
We didn't think you knew these things you didn't know before reading this message! :-) I'm betting you tried to lick your elbow when you read this!

Well no, I didn't try that one as I knew that. But I did remove my headphones and nearly swallowed my tongue trying the tongue twister;)

phoenix
June 14th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Really? Horses can't vomit? When I was way younger, my bro and I were cross country skiing and there was a horse there... My bro fed it his pole (the handle end..) and the horse licked it and started to chew it but then puked all over my bro... (Karma) So what the hey was that then?:o

They can't vomit but they have intense amounts of saliva (mixed with bits of grass etc...):) They can slime you pretty well...